Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life Story (and then some)

We have a regular customer whom I know to live nearby our house...

Ove the last weeks she has come in every day and chatted about nothing..

Today she offered me a ride home... Against my better judgement, I accepted (mostly cuz I know where she lives and shes a frail old lady who can barely see over the counter at the store)...

I kinda wish i hadn't..

She ambushed me with pictures and photo albulms and talked to me about Dieppe and her daughters wedding and her first ex husband and her best friends daughters husbands brother (literally... he's a police officer in St Paul)...

I should have walked..

Time it takes to walk, 8 minutes..

Time it takes to drive and be bored by stories, 48 minutes...

I was contemplating saying something like "LET ME OUT OF THE CAR PLEASE!!! I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE!!!" but I suppose I'm too polite...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww neal thats sooo cute!!!!!!!!
if you weren't...well...you,

i'd fall in love with you!

Anonymous said...

cute? no no no... it's karma!
that's what you get for neglecting your 'chain dropping' duties. SUCKA!

Chelsey said...

I know how you feel!! (to an extent) Old ladies come into the store all the time and feel the need to tell me all about their younger days before bunions wreaked havoc on their feet and they could wear three inch heels just like us "young kids"...

Astley said...

Yeah...and then he's stuck in jail without Warcraft 3 for several months to a couple of years....

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure there are fun games just like Warcraft 3 in jail, but without the fun parts, and they're not really games.
You really just need her to buy good life insurance, and then wait. No hidden body "necessary".