Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Work work work

Why, oh why, does it have to start snowing the day I start working outdoors again?

*shudder*

at least i remembered two pairs of gloves (oherwise it would have been way too cold)

Work is good. Everyone has gotten back into the routine of making fun of me (ah ha ha ha ha... neal doesn't have his drivers liscense lets stand around and make him park all the workmans... bwahahahah...)

Other than that, everything is pretty enjoyable.

The fences came down a lot faster than they went up, the hay is a lot easier to deal with when you're not trying to spread it evenly, and picking up garbage when there isnt waist high grass isn't my least favourite chore.

Theres a new guy whos started today with me. He asked me if we normally got to take so many breaks (no we dont) so I hope he doesnt get to used to the 45 minutes of work 45 minutes of break routine.

Oh, and for those of us retouring to Highlands this eyar (or those of you joining us)... The snow came to quick so the ground didnt have time to freeze before it was insulated. Almost all the greens have severe winter kill, and we will be resodding... A LOT of resodding (when I asked in comparison to last year, they laughed and told me we barely did any sodding last year) *shudder*

on a very light note

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that makes me soo sad... I HATE SPIKE SEEDING. however, i think i'd rather spike seed then do bunkers.

oh an up note, nate's coming back to work! woot wooot!

neal said...

I believe we're almost full staffed now (well, once everyone starts working)...

I'm so spoiled though... I dont know how I'm gonna handle doing actual work again (we watched 5 episodes of Seinfeld today)

Anonymous said...

yay sodding, boo spike seeding. wear your helmets everyone...