Thursday, May 19, 2005

Indoctrination

Well, i'm back in Surrey... even better, Im back working at Petro Can... I know some of you are salavating right now, waiting for me to start into my vast array of petro can stories, but sadly, nothing has happened as of yet... Yesterday was a really slow day... And I'm pretty sure, even if we did have any really stupid customers, I probibly wouldnt have remembered them (Starting work at 6am is not something that goes over very well with my body apparently)

I will, of course, try to humour you with a few anecdotes...

For those of you that don't know, BC just had an election... And although I would consider myself a left of centre person, i did end up voting for the bc liberal party (don't let the name fool you, the Liberal party of bc is further right than the NDP party... and actually acts a lot more like the conservative party of cananda rather than the liberal party of canada... especially in regards to speding and taxes...)

I digress...

It seems that a lot of people have forgotten the damage the NDP did the decade they were in power. They turned our economy from the historical stongest (I kid you not, BC had the strongest economy of Canada for most of the time since BC joined confederation) to one that was only moderately better than Newfoundlands. They drove countless headquaters to Calgary, and they caused BC to be in a majour recession whilst the Rest of Canada was seeing growth that hadn't been seen since the post war period of the 50's and 60's...

The liberal came into power 4 years ago, and turned a record breaking deficit into a near record breaking surplus. More jobs, more money, more developement blah blah blah... But due to the economc constraints of trying to get rid of a deficit, heathcare and education spending hasn't increased as much as many would believe it should... So the NDP ended up winning a lot more seats than they did during the last election...

but (thank god) the liberals still have the majourity, and, as this is majour news adn we tend to sell out of papers on majour news days, I was left explaining the election results to a lot of people...

Ah ha ha ha!!!

I love giving the results to people who find out the person they voted for didnt get into power... better yet, I love bragging that the person I voted for did get into power when they go on a rant about how sucky the opposition is...

Anyways...

I had an old lady tell me it was a shame I dye my hair... She gave me a disappointed look and then left the store...

I think thats all I have to add today...

I start graveyard tonight... so maybe we'll have some stories for y'all tomorrow...

Adios

1 comment:

odesa said...

I agree about the liberal party being the lesser of two evils..personally I'd vote Green.. but what can you do? At least we don't have an expensive federal election this spring. Yay! No Conservative Minority Gov't. shame about your hair though (no i'm kidding I love it)