Sunday, May 22, 2005

Phone Cards

Quick addition today (sorry)

Guy walks into the store, and with the thickest punjab accent I have ever heard says:

"twenty twenty five two" (imagine this with an east indian accent, or with Quick's generic newfie east indian accent)

Needless to say, I looked at this guy with an absolute blank stare... I honestly dont think I've been more confused in my entire life...

Naturally, he figures if he says it louder, it will make more sense...

"Twenty twenty five two!!" (use the exclaimations as indication for how loud it was)

no response from me

"Twenty twenty five two!!!!!"

I cocked my head sideways slightly

"TWENTY TWENTY FIVE TWO!!!!!!!"

I figured that by now he would understand that I wasn't going to understad him... but he didn't... So I asked him to point... He points to the phone card machine and says "phone card!!!"

I clue in, slightly...

"So you would like a $5 phone card from 20/20" (and long distance phone card distributing company)

"TWO!!! TWO!!!"

so yes... he wanted two $5 20/20 cards... which I gave to him...

and then i went outside to have my first (erm... second) cigarette in the last two weeks...

No comments: