Tuesday, December 07, 2004

So Very Very Cold

So I have come to the conclusion that Concordia gives shit about you opnce you've given them their money...

Point and case:

I live in a dormatory which happens to be in one of the coldest provinces in Canada...

As such, i have a generic full-wall heater thingy that, for all intents and purposes, does not work... Rarely have I seen it giving off anything that resembles heat, but since it hasn't very cold as of late, this was no problem...

Or so I thought...

This last weekend we had the joy of breaking the -20C barrier... No super cold, but cold enough that even with double pane glass, a little bit of additional heat would be nice...

And wouldn't you know it, the heater turns on (aww how nice)

Anyone who knows me, knows I wouldn't go without complaining, so here goes!

The fucking thing is as loud as hell

I kid you not, I can barely listen to music overtop of it... Its so horrible... It pings and rattles like you wouldn't believe...

It's to the point where I can't sleep at night, and its constant so its hard to sleep during the day too...

And I inform the necissary people of my plight... "we'll get around to it eventually" is all I get half-offered...

Where is my $5000 going? It certainly isnt into service, I mean it took me two weeks for them to replace my light tube when it burned out... And by "them" I mean, I found the room where they hide the lightyubes and changed it myself...

Ugh...

Okay, im done for the day...

(Damn you concordia, damn you!)

1 comment:

neal said...

Sleep and spelling are not too of my best abilities... so yes... lighty-tubes