Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Apologies

Just so all of my unwavering fans can be 'in the know' I was on vacation for the last week... Well, technically bI wasn't vacationing, I was doing the whole 'Lord's Work' thingy... you know how it is.

I work my first return shift tomorrow. I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed; ready to remember to the very best detail exactly what stupid things customers do.

Oh, and I guess I can fill you in on the workings of some other fun stuff, since I haven't added stuff in a long time, I'll just talk about stupid people in general, and not just the people that come into petro can.

First off, stupid driver. Not really much to say, as saying too much would elevate this action to a level of some sort. But if someone slows down to 30 in an 80 zone in order to let you merge, then bloody well merge. I don't need to have a liscense in order to know this, therefor you should know this. Stupid lady.

Umm... second... If you're in a crowded museum on the opening day of a major exhibit (the Royal Museum in BC has an exibit on ancient Egypt which I, and some friends, was able to view on opening day) DO NOT BACK UP AT RANDOM! The hall was very crowded, and he paused in order to take in the true beauty of the entire piece (while listening to the cool voice overs of the personal tour guide-- no sarcasm, I actually thought they were quite neat) he decides to back up at random. Whats worse, he kept moving in a backwards motion afterhe walked into me and stepped on my sandal shielded toes. Had there been someone trying to cut past him from the front, or had he apologised, or had he not cut me off in the first place (I was standing at this particular exhibit for a good 2 mins before he walked in front of me) I may have just 'meh'ed it off, but together these things really iritated me.

Finally, if you dont like to overhear a particular conversation held by two people, then move. I was having a pleasant conversation with a friend of mine, discussing the humourous nature of watching seals, otters, and porpoises (I dont know how to spell that one at all) get sucked into the engines of a catamaran (one of the reasons the 'Fast Cats' were stopped was due to the inability for critters to escape). After discussing all the sensual reasons for why it would be funny (the sounds, the water colour, the choppiness of the engine as it saws through their bones, etc) as well as the emotional reasons (the anticipation of waiting for an approaching animal, the joy of seeing the sea bits flow up behind the boat, and such), I was given the eye of death by a lady standing next to us. We were standing on the upper deck of (I think) the queen of Victoria. Needless to say, we are above 6 other floors this lady could have moved to in order to avoid our conversation, but she chose to stay and listen in to our conversation. Should could have walked to the other side of the boat even. Chances are if she had moved another 5 feet along the empty handrail, she wouldnt have been able to hear us over the sound of the engine. I have a dark sense of humour. Deal with it lady!

That will have to do... I know its not up to my usual standards, but people just don't seem to be as stupid as when theyre at the gas station.

I think it's the fumes of the super clean.

No comments: