Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Counting

So we were training a new employee today, and of course, they are subject to amke a few mistakes. But, much like the 'L' ICBC makes new drivers tack on their vehicle, the 'Hi! I'm New Here' name tag new employees are forced to wear attracts only the stupidest and most obnoxious drivers in BC.

Needless to say, as I was helping her man down the tills, an angry lady (she started that way) approached with an armload of groceries.

The NE (new employee) ran the items through and announced the total.

"thats too much" yelled the lady.

the NE cleared the items and started to scan them all through again. Announcing the total (same as before) the lady became even more agitated.

"thats way more than it should be" she yelled

the NE was looking my way giving me the 'If you dont help me I will cry' look.

I began the long process of naming all the products she had purchased and doing a vocal sumation of all the prices.

"Case of water $5, 2 bags of chips on special $10, One bottle of Coke $12, 4 slurpees $16, 10 in gas $26 and Two packs of cigarettes... for a grand total of $42"

"Thats way more than it should be!"

"Your purchasing things at a gas station, if youd liek directions to safeway I can giove them to you"

She did the angry 'huff' and paid for her stuff and left.

Then NE gave me the 'Oh! thats how its done' look.

She is strong in the way of the force. She will be trained well!

No comments: