Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Back to Work

Tonight was rather disappointing.

I figured I would have large amounts of things to tell you, but the people tonuight were rather well behaved... Cept one, but its kinda lame...

Anyways, here goes.

He pumps his gas and comes inside, grabs a 591mL bottle of diet coke, and comes up to the counter. With his purchase of gas ($29.02) and his purchase of pop ($1.49 for the pop + 0.05 deposit + 0.03 environmental levy + 0.11 tax) we have a grand total of (drumroll please) 30.70.

Now this seems to be a case where this guy gets really confused, and convinces himself that the whole is greater than the sum of the two parts.

He begins to argue with me about the price of his purchase.

He tried to convince me in a "I'll forgive you because you weork at a gas station and therefore can't be very smart" type of voice that his bill should only be 29.02.

I remind him that he is also buying a bottle of pop.

This does not register with him.

He reiterates that he only pumped $29 worth of gas.

I reiterate that a pop plus a gas equals more than the price of gas.

Then he snapped out of his stupidity (It was like watching a dog when it responds to a vocal command for the first time... I had given him the proverbial "Sit!... Good boy")...

the whole time he managed to keep it very low key, and without raising his voice during the entire ordeal. So I dont really consider him an idiot so much. I'll just assume he had a long day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like people who come into my restaurant in the mornings... people are soooo incredibly stupid before they have their coffee.