Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Laughed at a Customer Today...

I hope I don't get trouble, cuz she seemed quite offended... But this is what happened...

She stormed into the store, grumpy as could be... walked right up to the counter and in a demanding way said,

"DO YOU GUYS SELL POP HERE?!"

as polite as I could I directed her to the display she had walked past to get to the counter, as well as the 40' floor to ceiling refrigeration unit at the back of the store (which, to my knowledge, is pretty standard to every convenience store of the last 50 years)...

She walked down the isle to the cooler, grabbed a few 2L of coke and then walked back...

"WHERE ARE YOUR FUCKING CHIPS?!"

And this is where I laughed... She was so angry... and she had just walked down the chip isle... 30' of chest height chips in an assortment of flavours lining both sides of her walk... But she couldn't be bothered...

and so I laughed...

I pointed at the chips, and I laughed...
(I was tired afterall)...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it was well deserved. Who walks into a freaking 7-ELEVEN and asks if they sell pop??

I would have said no, as serious as possible.

-J said...

I'm surprised you kept a straight face telling her where the pop was

Chelsey said...

I'm sure if anyone else had to deal with her, they would have done the same thing...

Anonymous said...

i would have told her we didnt sell chips...
and left it at that

Anonymous said...

"I laughed at a customer today..."

well.. i laughed at YOU today. BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! isn't that kinda the same thing?

Share said...

man, you could be right back in cloverdale working at petro.

except the whole snow & cold weather thing...

...wait...

Lauren said...

"Here's your sign"