Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Praise Jesus for Stupid People

So yesterday was my first day at my new retail job (yay)...

There is a training computer program that is anticipated to take up to a week to complete, which I started on yesterday...

Thankfully the person who I am to replace (he gave notice last week) was caught stealing from the til... So instead of a week long training session, I get to jump right in...

So tonight is my first till shift...

My manager was so concerned that i was going to get stressed out and quit...

I reassured her by reminding her that at my previous gas station job I had to do everything she is expecting me to do, plus baking, plus hand counting all the stealables, by myself...

yes, thats right... I have a co-worker...

Anyways... back to the training video...

I managed to complete 6.5 hours of training on the program yesterday...

6.5 hours of him droning on and on and on and on... in a monotone voice...

It simulates a till, and has click-and-drag aperati so that you can pretend your actually using the hardware...

"a customer aproaches the till, after greeting them, attempt to scan the products"

(drag scanner overtop vitual prouct)

*beep*

(drag scanner overtop second virtual product)

*beep*

(drag scanner over third virtual product)

"this product appears to not scan properly, please manually enter the upc code"

*tickyticky ticky*

*beep*

"the customer has a coupon for product two"

*clicky clicky beep*

"the customer has decided not to get product one, please remove it from the list"

...

...

...

For six and a half hours...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have but one word... SUCKER!!! ahahahha

Anonymous said...

we should come visit you,
and buy alot,
and then take it all bak
and the nbuy some more.
just to put your training video to work

Share said...

training videos = spectacular. at least you were paid for those 6.5 hours...?

neal said...

not videos, share...

interactive computer programs

Share said...

oh lord.