Saturday, August 20, 2005

Delivery? Who ordered the truckload of stupid?

okay, I must say, I think I'm done for the summer (okay, i know I still have one shift left... but after that I'm done for sure)...

Im going to try to make it brief as I have to sleep (wont be doing much of that in the next few days! yay!!!)

Anyways...

We'll start off with a little incident before work...

After spending the afternoon out with friends, it was time to come home for a nap before work... But wouldn't you know it, there was construction on the only access road to my house... and so we get parked behind some over paid idiot with a handheld stop sign, while other idiots walk around with radios and shovels trying to look like their worth their government salary...

It seems they were trying to move piping... to be more specific, they needed to move about 35 metres of welded together metal piping...

But it turns out they didn't take one thing into consideration...

You see, as the pulled the piping into position (I assume to begin the long process of burying the piping) by dragging it with a tractor thingy, the workers (ha! work!) had one small oversight... They had pulled the pipe across railroad tracks (but only about 1/2 way along the piping)...

did I mention that every friday there is a 410 train...

did I mention that it was 408...

did I mention the train was comming early...

I will admit, it was a little intense for a second, as they frantically tried to wave down the train with their hand held stop signs (apparently fully loaded freight trains are the kryptonite for the magical powers of the sign)... But when the train didnt derail, and noone was injured, you had better believe I laughed... I laughed a lot!!!

Moving on to tonights shift...

I arrived and started my shift as usual, only to find out that in a matter of minutes we had a huge infestation of bugs crawling under the back door...

It was like a scene from a bad 70's horror movie...

Took a full can of raid to get rid of them all... so the customers are going to get supider, cuz I dont think youre supposed to spray raid around food stuffs, unless of course you want to risk brain damage...

But my true story for the night comes from the mouth of a crackhead...

You see, she comes in, and shes got coke bug marks all over her face...

(for those that dont know, coke bugs are the sensation of bugs crawling under youre skin that you get after repeat usage of cocaine... some people, while on their coke bug trip will pick at their skin in an attempt to 'catch' the bugs, leaving scabs which are 'unique' to say the least)

She starts telling me her life story...

When she gets to the part where her son beat her up, she blacked out and woke up in her car in the back yard, along with all of her posessions... From thence she went on to 'kill every small animal she could catch' until her ex husband called the cops on her and they restrained and detained her...

So... I'm think 'holy fuck... get her out of the store now'...

And then she starts tweaking... for those of you whom have never seen a cokehead tweak, you're truely missing out on one of the finer points of nature... I managed to coax her out the door with the offer of a free cigarette and a reminder that you can;t smoke next to the pumps... adding that I think she should smoke on her way home...

I dont know if she made it home, but I am sure she didnt come back last night... and for that i am truely grateful...

Oh... and I just found out now, 6 weeks after I asked when I needed to be back, and 4 weeks after I booked my plane ticket, that I need to be back in edmonton hours before my plane arrives...

I attribute this to my lazy and annoying (sort of) boss for the year... So I guess that means I'm not going to be giving her a chance to start things over new this year, eh?

8 comments:

Jenn said...

not one of your funnier stories i see. actually a little creepy with the cokehead. eww cokebugs. i think you should post more jovial stories in the future. this post made me feel sad.

Anonymous said...

there once was a boy named neal,
who wanted to be an eel.
so he swam everyday and always said eh?
yes that is my story of neal

Anonymous said...

Neal whos ryan??

neal said...

If I'm thinking right, Ryan is the new guy in dorm (he came a few weeks early)

Really friendly, dresses a bit wigger, has emo glasses, sleeps about as much as me...

We went to 'Sev.' last night and brought him along when we ran into Rhonda and Sharlene

Anonymous said...

so really when a girl asks "who is (insert name here)" she doesn't want to know who he really is it's more refering to "is he cute...."

Anonymous said...

I just realized I'm soooo shallow sometimes, I mean I could pretend not to be...but why Lie.

neal said...

Totally cute, but got a girlfriend...

The twin might be available...

Astley said...

So that's who the twins are....hmmm...
ummm...i mean...

crap! nevermind :P