Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Exciting!

Well, as it is, right now, we have about 16 hours before university students start moving in to dorm!

Woot woot..

Not to say that I havent enjoyed living up here by myself (for the most part), it hasnt been like owning my own apartment or anything...

I mean, I can't even walk naked from my room to the washroom...

Alas, I'm excited to see what sort of guys that are moving in... I will rule them with an iron fist...

I had my meeting with the Choir Director today... And although I am not directly in control (I am only the VP) the Prez has made it known that I am allowed to rule the choir with an iron fist as well...

Needless to say, there will be a lot of ruling, and iron fists...

I played a really long board game last night... How long it was is not really important... Just be known that it was by far the longest board game I have ever played... Actually, it was the longest i had ever played boardgames, ever... and thats just one game...

My ass hurt so much from sitting for so long...

Ended up being a pretty decent game though... Silly catholics... And for the record, the Lutherans won, without cheating...

I am tired opf meeting already... And I still have more today... Should be interesting...

Todays gripe: Starbucks employees...

I went to starbucks today, and I tried to give them that "what i am about to order is very complex, so get a pen and a cup" look... but they never seem to pick up... Even if I explicitly say "you're gonna wanna write this down"...

My drink: Venti frappaccino blended coffee 1/2 sweet vanilla, 1/2 sweet raspberry, afagatto style with the mocha drizzle...

No one gets it on their first try, ever...

"Umm... you wanted a grande"

"no, a venti"

"umm.. a venti cappacino"

"no... frappaccino"

"Um... let me grab a cup.......... Can you say that aain"

Tiresome... A little...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as for myself, and now being an employee of acoffee shop, i ususally sigh extremely deeply whenever i get a tall order... maybe they'll get the hint that i'm no good at it.

neal said...

I don't generally mind if people dont know what it is I'm ordering... i mean, my coffee of choice is quite a mouthful... And usually there is someone there whom can coach them through the process if they happen to be new baristas...

But it does get annoying haveing to talk it through three or four times before they decide to grab a pen and say "okay, what was that again"

Anonymous said...

i understand. when you're back for christmas, come into my work, i'll make your coffee :) yepp.