Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Bithday (overdue post)

So my birthday was over a week ago... (as in it ended a week ago, not that its been more than a week... yet) so i figured I should get around to writing this... so you all can keep up with my exploits and revel in my humourous jaded view on life (numerous people have come up to me and asked me why I'm so jaded towards life... I don't think I'm jaded... but they might be right)

Anyways

We decided to go out on tuesday to 'celebrate' my birthday (in as drunken a fashion as possible) so we decided to go to the local 'cheap beer that tastes like donkey ass' joint here in Edmonton... We like to refer to her, affectionately as Ezzies... Don't let the cute pet name trick you... she can be a real bitch when you're drinking...

Anyways...

We arrive plenty early (because it's my birthday, we get a reserved table and free cover...) and I proceed to drink and drink and drink...

I subsequently begin whoring it up in as much of a fashion as I can without doing anything I'm going to regret in the morning (I'd like to think I did a good job, and there was a strong lacking of hand-slap-prints-on-the-face in the morning...)

Yes...

So more drinks, and I pseudo puke (DAMN YOU TEQUILA DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!)... I'd like to think I know myself and my limit, and so I can tell you by the time that tequila shot almost killed me, I was nowhere near my limit... Tequila just doesn't agree to me anymore...

So i head off to the washroom, in preperation of any impeding porcelain goddess worship, but settle on some cold water splashed on the face...

I return just in time for my FAVOURITE part of th night!

LINE DANCING (WOOT WOOT!!!)

I'm not gonna lie, I knew all the moves to al of the songs (except cha cha shuffle or whatever... but he gives the instructions as you go... so I can;t be blamed)

But yes... high light of the line dancing... As I know all the steps, it becomes quite easy to ad lib, or even vary, a few of the steps in order to make the dance slightly more comical... During on of the dances you, hand by hand, touch your own buttocks...

Now... whilst dancing, I notice a friend of mine, with a sense of humour (I mihgt add) is standing in front of me... So when the timing in the dance is such that i am to touch my bottom hand by hand, I in turn touch her bottom, hand by hand...

We laughed... well... I laughed... She might have laughed simply because it was my birthday...

Wehn the dancing ends, and we return to the table, I am informed by one of my friends that I should refrain from doing that move, as another patron of the bar thought my alternative steps were socially acceptable and was performing it on other female patrons...

live and learn I suppose...

The rest of the night was severly enjoyable... including having to scraped one of my friends off the floor (and sending him home in a cab), having one of my friends discover puke on his pants (from an unknown source), random strangers buying me drinks (my liver still appears to be working... and nooone took me home), as well as being able to ring in the start of my b-day with a large group of friends...

Wednesday was pretty uneventful... I never realised how akward it is to stand there while 30 people sing happy birthday to you... Meh...

We went out for dinner that night (after everything had been said and done)... it ended up being a lot pricier than it could have been... And I felt really guilty... I would have paid... i swear...

meh... jerkfaces and their "it's you're birthday!!"

dinner was very enjoyble, and I can revel in the fact that i now know how to get clear blue skies in between my vertibrae....

The rest of my week went by relatively well... I am now doing exercise and yoga every m/w/f... I was really sick and horribly irritible for the weekend... But I would like to think I mostely hid that well...

Oh.. and I stood my ground, and came to a resonable and acceptable agreement in regards to something i believed in...

And now I can officially go on the mission trip...

but yes...

the end (happy belated birthday to me...)

4 comments:

Sassan Sanei said...

Happy belated birthday! May all your birthdays be filled with drunken line dancing. :)

morgan said...

wow... i was beginning to think you didn't actually have a birthday. better late than never though, right?
i'm glad you had a good time!

(p.s. it's an unwritten rule that you don't pay for your b-day dinner f.y.i)
AND so you know 'how' to get the clear blue skies, but can you ACTUALLY do it?

Anonymous said...

I should refrain from doing that move, as another patron of the bar thought my alternative steps were socially acceptable and was performing it on other female patrons...

Oh Neal!! You are such a trend setter!

Holly said...

Neal, I only wish I had watched that guy longer to see how the girl really reacted. I just saw the initial shock. I imagine it wasn't that well... :)