Wednesday, April 12, 2006

All About Alyson

I don;t think I've ever dedicated an entire post to a person before... Well... not in a positive way (but customers don't count) But here goes...

explaination, me and a friend agreed that tonights post would be dedicated soley to the other person (so i can't tell you about my crazy day... hint hint read my post on wednesday march 30th 2005)

So here goes nothing...

My first concious memory of Alyson was well after the beginning of the year and well into the practices of suessical. I was approached by a (for lack of a better word) chipper person, and witha smile on her face she proclaimed that I must (not 'can you' but 'you must') write "hi from Alyson" on Scott's door... She appeared to know my name (I mean, how many Neals are there?) so I was obliged to pretend that I knew her, and knew everythig about her, lest I be the insensitive person whom forgets their friends over the summer... Cuz in all honesty, it's not like it has never happened before...

Well... Needless to say, I think my ploy worked, and after a week or so of someone having to remind me what her name was (thanks scott) me and Alyson started off on what is now a beautiful (if not sleep filled) friendship.

Over the last year, we've shared a lot. Laughs, games, fun, perhaps some hugs that were umm... A little too personal (happy birthday BTW)...

I've learned a lot from Alyson. She is the shining example of seeing the best. She handles situations that would stress me with the greatest of ease. She sees perfection in the flaws and rejoices where others would rather hide away.

And beyong all else, she is the pinnacle of the unwaivering faith. Don't get me wrong, she has her off days just like everyone else, but she NEVER ceases to praise God for everything, something I have always respected (and admired).

She's knowlegeable and determined, and thats how I know she's going to succeed no matter where her life takes her.

And could we talk about alyson without mentioning her heart of gold? (gahk... cliche... so so sorry). She genuinely cares for each and every person, and she shows it. If you want to know love, listen to her talk about one of her kids; if you want to know about friendship, listen to a story about one of her friends. If you want a story that'll brighten your day, just ask her (it will be well told, and mostly acted, and certain to warm your heart)...

Fin

2 comments:

Alyson Sunny said...

Sniffle! thanks Neal, so I feel as if I should go change my blog...now I am going to go and cry. Luv ya HUGS

Astley said...

You made me cry too. I love you Alyson! Who am I going to cry on when my soap opera gets too soap opera-y???? (you know what i'm talking about!)