Saturday, August 14, 2004

Drunken Idiots

So you really have to wonder about people with nothing better to do than hang out in a parking lot of a Gas station ona Friday night. Maybe I simply have a misspent youth, and was not properly introduced to the joys that only a parking lot can produce, but I am a firm believer that If you cannot find an appropriate to drink, You probibly shouldn't be drinking.

Go to a bar and get sloshed, hang out at one of your friends parents house and drink till the wee hours of the morning. All these activities are fine by me. Go right ahead. But for the love of God, get the hell out of my parking lot.

In case you didnt know, we live in a country where public intoxication is frowned upon. Disorderly conduct caused by intoxication can get you a fine or even jail time, depending on the amount of resistence that you put up. The same goes for drinking in a public space. These activities are not allowed. Everyone knows that, I'm sure.

Yet you still continue to come to a small parking lot to drink beer in large groups.

Now, under normal circumstances, I would have let this slide. If the cops had happened to stop by, I would have played ignorant to youre being there, maybe even putting in a word about how quiet you were being, and a most asked the police officer to check for signs of vandalism. But, when youre yelling at customers, throwing beer cans into traffic and comming in and out of my store and falling overtop of displays, I draw the line.

I'm sorry, but youve pushed me too far.

And please don't expect me to come outside and tell you to leave. For saftey reasons, I am not required to leave the store during the graveyard shift. I am told... no no... trained to simply pick up the phone and dial the non emergency police officers. And who knew, one of their favourite things to do is bust up roudy groups of teenagers hanging out in parking lots. I certainly didn't, but they sure did seem to have fun. Especially when the second and third squad cars showed up.

In all fairness though, when two of the partying girls came in, I told them 'the cops are comming to break up your party... you guys should probibly leave' but did they listen? of course not!

meh, not my problem.

No comments: