Thursday, August 12, 2004

Exact Change

So I was inspired by a friends Blog for this post.

Please refer to http://customerssuck.blogspot.com/ to read up on his blog.

He has a similar story to tell as me, with the only majour differences being that 1)He works at a fast food chain and 2)His customers are not allowed to use the machinary *coughcoughIHateSlurpeeMachinescough* (although arguably some McD's employees are worse than our customers, but I can't really be sure this is the case)

Anyways, I'll paraphrase the post which i will be reflection on.

His complaint is towards people who pay in exact change. Now, he (we) is not referring to people that give you helpful correct change-- Say pulling out a few pennies so that we can give you $2 change rather than $1.96. Nor are we talking about people who will hand you $5 in loonies and $1 in quarters.

No, the complaint is against people who will go out of their way (and take you out of yours) in order to count out exactly $9.84 in nickels, dimes, and pennies in order to make exact change. This is especially annoying when you plainly have paper money of sufficient value in order to pay for your purchase, but continue to hold up our lines at your own leisure.

And as my friend so plainly put it "One might think that this is really no big deal, however that ideology may mean you are an offender." C. Mercer ca.2004

Wise words C., wise words. (check out the afore mentioned blog to see C.'s rant in its entirity, as well as other lol (the real kind, not the fake MSN kind) rants about working at McD's)

Anyways, insert me. I also had something to say on the topic, and posted it as a response to his blog. Woopity-Doo, eh?

Here is my response, since I felt it was worthy of its own post on my site (as well as putting a shameless plug for C.)

Truth be known, if they don't give classy establishments like yours their change, they will inevitably end up at my gas station.

Whats worse than people who take their time digging through their purse (I say purse because in my experience women are more prone to the exact change behavior whereas men are more prone to the I dont want change behavior) is people who will say 'I'll be right back, Im going to my car to get change' and then throw a hissy fit when they come back 5 minutes later and youre serving other customers.

Sorry (said in the most sarcastically way imaginable) if there was a line behind you when you left, and now you have to wait 15 seconds for me to re-scan your items.

And please dont go looking to the other customers for sympathy nods when your yelling about what an ass I am. THEY AGREE WITH ME! I didn't see any of them volunteering 'I'll wait till she gets back to pay for her stuff, then I'll go... don't worry about it, I understand.'In fact- I will now go out of my way to apologise to all the customers for not making you go to the back of the line.

We will laugh and joke about how stupid you are. Perhaps they'll invite me over to their house for a beer after work.

Okay so that last line was a joke. I've been offered beer plenty of times, but never for an after shift party...Im done now...

No comments: