Saturday, July 02, 2005

Canada D'eh!

So today is Canada Day revisited...

This year, I have been allowed to have the graveyard off (unlike last year, which was painfully painful)...

Anyways, as the only person still working at the gas station who has every worked the graveyard on Canada Day (I think the last person to do a Canada Day gave notice the morning after (yes, its that bad)) I thought I should be kind and give the girl (yes girl) whom was taking the shift a bit of warning as to how to effectively get through the night without murdering someone (my advice consisted of 1) arrive early and 2) dont expect anything to get done...)

Well, I did work today, I worked the afternoon shift... Which was actually very pleasant due to a break in a natural gas line some blocks away which ended up having most of the streets in the area blockaded (but that didnt stop people from smoking at my gas station... Natural Gas and Gasoline does not prevent people from smoking... dear god!)

Okay, anyways, she arrived almost late (thereby not getting any of the prep work done before we were ready to leave...

So I was like FFS (I learned that today, it's like WTF except trendy), But if she wasnt willing to take advice I wasn't about to be helpful... SO I finished doing my job, signed out, and then marched down to the fireworks with my friends...

The crowd was (according to police officers) somewhere in the range of 80-100k...

Within walking distance of our gas station...

If someone who has done the shift before says "get here early" you should listen to them...

And if your entire town is a parking lot because of an event, it only adds to the case this helpful employee is trying to make...

Well, the fireworks ended, and rather than making the trek all the way back up to the top of the hill, we waited around and caught a ride with another friend when the traffic died down (but it took a LONG time)

Since my other friends had parked in the petro can parking lot, we ended up going back there, and I went inside to score us some free slurpees...

She was almost in tears...

In the 90 minutes I was gone she had run 320 transactions... So about 4 transactions a minute... But then you need to consider the fact that it takes upwards of 30 seconds to complete a debit or credit transaction, you know why she was almost crying... She would have had people lined up around the store ...

Since I was still in my uniform, I offered her a chance to run out for a cigarette break while I served customers, and our friend cleaned some of the WD-40 from his car (Ah! Fumes)

We took our free slurpees and I offered the "I told you so, bitch!" face... I think she'll listen to me next time...

Just so everyone is in 'the Know', I am leaving for a mission trip this week and will not be returning until the 10th...

Therefore there will not be any stories until then...

Feel free to post comments about how much you miss me, or even stories of your own...

*Smoochies*

4 comments:

Alyson Sunny said...

Oh days of the Canada. Well at least someone else had to do fun stuff at your work. And how nice of you for letting her have a stick. I do miss you. And have fun on your mission trip. Thinking of you
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

since neal is gone for a couple days i'll post one of my rants.

i was on my way out to lac la bonnie (which of course means "lake of the bonnie") and i saw a spray painted love message on a big rock..you know one of those chet + mable = love. i have a little pet peave about this...sure it might seem cute to carve your name in a tree or to spray paint your name on a rock or burn your name in gas on your girlfriends lawn but honestly it is down right stupid. who in there right mind would think that confessing your love for a girlfriend with spray paint on a rock which has other grafitti on it including "Jane gives good head" and "grad 99". it kinda gave me a mental picture of what actually happend that one magical night.

"hey chet i love you so much..i would love to marry you and work on your parents pig farm"

"pass me another beer and that spray paint cause your in for a treat"

*phisssh*
*phisssh*
*phisssh*
(those are sounds of the spray paint)

"oh chet i love it...bring your unwashed body on over"

"hoooooooo dogggy"

i'll let our innocent minds play around with the rest

just remember kids...spray painting a love message on a rock is not romantic..what if you break up are you gonna re spray it?

well anywho i'm off to take a shower...i feel dirty

Anonymous said...

I think Matt is disturbed!

Alyson Sunny said...

I agree with Regan