Sunday, July 24, 2005

My Feet Hurt

So its the evening after a shift from hell...

In order to cover from an ill co-worker, I agreed to take her shift...

Which conveniently started 7 hours before my shift...

Thats right everyone, applause please, I did a 15 hour customer service shift!!!

By the end of it, i was halucinating... and I started to forget all the things I had been storing to write out for today... in fact, for the moment, I have forgotten all but one (I kid you not, I cant remeber the punchline for any of them)...

So, its about 4 am, and I am busy in sanitation land... Pretty much praying bleach on every exposed surface in the entire store...

Graveyard is also the shift in charge of making sure the batroom can make it through the day... So a thorough cleaning and stocking of the various papers is in order...

Not a problem...

I finish, and it looks like an add from Mr Clean (I may have made the *ping* sound as I cleaned the faucets... but pleaase remember, by this time I had been working for 13 hours)

Next task was cleaning the counters by the slurpee and coffee... So i go and do that, followed by mopping of the floors, and changing of the garbages..

About 20 minutes had passed (thankfuly 20 minutes without a customer) since I had finished cleaning the washroom, when a car pulls up... Two men get out, one places two half smoked cigarettes (still lit) on top of the propane tank cage, and proceeds to start pumping fuel (needless to say I wasn;t impressed, but thats not the story here)

The other comes inside and heads straight for the bathroom...

He exits the washroom a short time later, and walks to the door... As he's standing in the doorway, he turns back to me and says:
"How often do you guys clean the washrooms"

"Every night"

"Well thats probibly the most digusting bathroom I've ever been in"

"what?"

"I think there was piss all over the place"

"Oh, thats mop water"

"If you say so"

and then he leaves...

Needless to say, im curious, so I head in the direction of the washroom...

Open then door...

And look at that, there is piss everywhere!

On the walls, over the toilet, in the baby changing station, the sink, the mirrors, the toilet paper...

And to top it all off, he didn't even flush...

And since he was the only person in there (Unless I fell asleep and did that) you can be quite sure he wont be welcome in our store again...

Fuck, I hate people (sorry, I didnt feel I swore as much as this disgusting act warrented)

1 comment:

Brad said...

i did that once