Friday, July 29, 2005

More of the Same

Today was more of the same...

It was hot, so we sold a lot of slurpees, so we cleaned up a lot of slurpee, so the floor was perpetually sticky...

You know how it is if youve read half my posts up to this point...

Unfortunately I dont have any epic stories... I really wish I did, it seems like forever since my last epic one...

But I do havea few short stories...

A gentleman came up to the counter and announced that he had $20 worth of fuel, and then asked what the total was (he was carrying nothing)... I was caught of guard, as sometimes i dont care enough to listen to the customers... So I figured he had asked for cigarettes while I was busy not caring about what he may or may not have been saying, and I so i asked him to reiterate which brand as i backed away towards the cigarette display...

He shook his head, said, no cigarettes today, and then enquired again what the total was...

"For the gas?" I ask

"Yes, whats the total with tax"...

"Umm... $20"

"No tax on gas today?"

I was left scratching my head (I think I might be bald now in a few patches)

Are there places where tax is not included in the price of gasoline? So illogical... Although, i dont understand why tax isnt included in our prices here, like it is in places like Austrailia...


And then nothing happened for a few hours...

And then this BITCH came in... Although I didn't know she was bitch when she came in, or I would have locked the door...

I was busy with shift stuff (it was time for me to head home) in between serving customers when she came in and started rummaging through the ice cream cooler... She dug to the very bottom of the cooler, pulling out every piece of icecream on the way down... placing them all over the other side of the cooler and across the newspaper display...

I didnt really care, cuz I didnt have to reorganize it... I was getting off shift within a few minutes...

After she digs, and doesnt find what shes looking for, she grabs a few of the ice cream drumsticks and comes up to the counter... (passing the line up of people at the counter)

She plops her selection down on the counter and asks if this is all the flavours we have...

I tell her that she knows better than I do, as I havent searched through all the ice cream cooler recently...

Then she started screaming at me...

"Blah blah blah You only fucking work here, of course you dont know if theres more flavours of ice cream, why would I expect a retarded gas station employee to know if theres icecream flavours blah blah blah"

I let the other employee serve her, and I went back to doin what i needed to do, and then shifted and changed clothes (out of my uniform) with just enough time to get to the parking lot and give her the finger as she drove off (she must of put in quite a bit of gas into her SUV)...

probibly a little more risky than i should have been, especially if she complains to my boss...

Meh... I'll let you know if anything happens...

No comments: