Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's Good to Be Happy

What is the making of a good day? I ask of you, how does this sound?

a good meal (today I made myself an amazing tomato soup and cream cheese combo... although morgan was right, the appearance left something to be desired... I suppose she's allowed to be right every once in a while)...

debt removal (with luck and a little be of wise spending I should be very close to being debt free in the next two weeks (yay)... well.. assides from student loans)

a job you love (My job has some really sucky parts... But even video game testing requires you to repeat the same things over and over trying to reach a desired outcome (even if you could move on, you need to try to replicate those bugs, you know)... But I love the people I'm working with, even if most of them are jerkfaces... My bosses hasn't given me the "wtf did you do that for" look in about a week, and I managed to talk myself out of two shifts of the job I hate... Oh, did I mention that we were let out half an hour early today so our boss could buy us beer (on account of efficient work leading to a sodding job being dome in less than half the time they tought)... Oh... and tomorrow we get out early so they can cook us hamburgers... and I hate to look too far in advance, but August is comming up with the all you can drink staff party... I tend to test out the limits of the all you can drink... mwahahaha...)

A tan (I havent felt this healthy in a long time... maybe my body i catching up on all the sunlight I missed out on in the last few years)

praise (my boss has said that he respects how quickly I learn things, and the efoort I put in)

air conditioning (after being out in the sun all day, nothing beats comming home and sitting in a house which is a nicely controlled temperature)

good friends (did I mention I <3 you guys... all of you... no exceptions this time (I won't even be mean to morgan))

yup... I'd say it's been a good day...praise God!!! only thing thats gonna make it better is some sleep... I have to save my energy for all the eating I'm going to do tomorrow...



gnight

4 comments:

morgan said...

sometimes... you make me smile neal :D (like when i read that... i smiled)
also... when you "woohoo-ed" down the hill on 10 today!

morgan said...

oh, and i just wanted to say that the two pseudo-burns did NOT go unnoticed... :< (that's a 'angry' smiley...err... frowny)

Anonymous said...

wow, way to get in her good books....


amber crashed into something today....just thought everyone should know....

-J said...

Air conditioned house... you bastard