Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Golfing

So as I said, I tried my hand at golfing... It was an experience if I've ever had one...

Went with MattyK and Darren (ex-Boss) which was a treat in and of itself (<3 u mattyk!)...

Now I have never golfed before... Matt and Darren both have minimal experience... So I assure you, it was a sight to behold (for the entertainment of it... not just because we're stunningly good looking... although we are stunningly good looking)

It took me two balls to get off the tee... I kid you not... My first shot went straight into the bushes... Which is quite sad, but few of you know the layout of the course... so just accept this... there are no bushes for you to shoot at... unless you're a terribly bad shot... *raises hand*

So my second ball is somewhat less pathetic... It was a grounder (which is amazing since the first tee is off a cliff/hill)...

Matt and Darren were filled with helpful advice like "ha!" and "*laugh*" and "bwahahahha" even though they didnt do much better... They're balls, really, only went about as far as mine did...

Needless to say, my first hole didn't go so well... Live and learn, I suppose...

But I didn't learn, or so it seems..

My second hole was, by far, the most pathetic of the night...

It was a par 5... I stopped counting at 15 hits... Really, I would have done better to just kick it with my foot...

And the green KILLED me... I would hit the ball and it would go flying across the green... I would lightly tap it, and it would roll to the other side... The wind changed, and I think it rolled halfway back down the fairway...

*sigh*

I did get better though... There were a few times where I was within about 30' of the hole and able to say "this is for par"... well... actually, that was just once... and then Neal's curse of the green kicked in...

On the plus side, I did manage to not get a ball stuck in the water hazzard... I use the word stuck because although i hit one dead centre into the water hazzard, it bounced out and into play...

Oh, and the play of the game was a tie... betwen the bank-shot off mattys foot for 1-over-par... and Darrens swing of death (which somehow managed to detatch the head of the club, sending it flying down the fairway further than the ball it hit... He's lucky no one was killed)...

yes... so that was my golfing adventure...

(and some clarification... I will not delete your blog unless you have not updated it sometime between june 1st and june 30th...)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Well Neal . . . it appears that you have given them a reason to deem golf as a sport! The way you play, it seems you actualy get some exercise!

Astley said...

But what if June is a really really boring month therefore leaving no reason to post anything....but this doesn't pertain to me...I work in a library...it's GREAT fun! (can anybody sense the sarcasm yet?)

I suppose I could just post a blog about our time last night or something...hmmmm