Monday, May 08, 2006

Postcard Competition

So last year was the first year of the international ugly postcard competition...

Many of you may have heard of it, many of you may have... One of you has sent at least 10 of them for me (which, apparently is the reason i didnt win... because I sent to many... or something lame like that)...

Anyways...

This years competition officially opened a few weeks ago, and the first post cards have come in, so I figure I'm game to put this on here...

Please send postcards to:

A. Vanweerden
11158 65th St
Edmonton Ab
T5W 4K1

A little bit about this historical competition...

It was started may years ago by a creepy old man, named Scott, who ended up being shipped off to colorado for the summer as a job placement (fun!)

He made the request, and his friends complied, and out of this came the ugly postcard competition (if any of you would like to add to the histry of this, feel free to do so in the comments section of this post)...

Anyone can participate... Just send in an ugly post card... You don;t actually have to know any of us, or anything about Edmonton, or Canada... if you are reading this, you are eligble...

Prizes are awarded (as first runner up last year, I can attest to the joy I recieved in knowing that my prize was as ugly as my postcard)

So yes...

Send now, send often...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

tee hee
i helped get you almost disqualified...
i've been on the lookout for postcards already. :D

Alyson Sunny said...

Shouldnt you tell them what the prize is if you win the ugly postcard compitition? Oh and I found out, that you can not really add anything to the post card to make it more ugly! That is cheating, and the only reason why Me and my boy (work related) won best effort, was because Scott felt sorry for us.... Really I think best effort is the I feel sorry for you post card, like if you dont win you will go insane with grief! Anyhoos. I should go find a postcard

neal said...

the prizes... are... well... special...