Monday, May 08, 2006

Moving

The worst part about moving, by far, is packing...

I suppose looking around and thinking "this isn;t my room anymore" is pretty hard as well...

Not to mention that foundershall has been a defining part of 'Neal' over the last four years...

For 4 years i have endured people who have sleeping habits completely opposite of my own (for the first year, the people that went to be after 11pm were the ones I hated... now it seems that anyone that can do anything before 2pm are the ones i've hated)...

You should see my room... it's depressing... Well... I suppose to the untrained eye it doesn't look all that different that it did two weeks ago... But let it be known that before everything was on my floor... now only stuff that i don;t want (and thus, haven't packed) is on my floor...

I can;t really speak from experience, as i am reluctant to go off and view the 'other side', but I know a few things for certain.

1) Regardless of what kind of budget i need to keep myself on, I will not regret cafeteria food...
2) My life and happiness has not been well served by the excessive amount of rules required to live in dorm
3) This has been a long time comming, and I am very thankful for the support I have recieved (espeially those who I am constantly pestering to drive me everywhere... you know who you are and I hope you know how much i love you)

Yes...

So i packed my towels... and thus I have no towels still in dorm...

Thankfully theres no one else in dorm, otherwise it might be a little akward walking naked...

"why hello... I'm naked and wet"

yes... thats a pleasant conversation starter...

I have since put on pants and proceeding to air dry as we speak... erm... type... as I type...

Sometimes i wish this wasn't sucha public forum... I can think of a million things I want to say, but only a handful of people i want to read it... I read about it all the time in other blogs... and it's true to me as well...

I want desperately for someone to ask me just the right question that starts me off on this big long tangent in which everything that I desire to talk about gets discussed. And the sad part is, I have AMAZING friends who are asking just such questions, but I ignore, simply so I can go on thinking that no one cares about what i think...

I suppose thats the one good thing about alcohol. Inhibitions, although sometimes very benefitial, are often very VERY annoying.

but throw in a little dash of the "truth serum" and I am able to speak freely (although not always about the things I should be talking about...)

*sigh*

Yes...

And thus begins my summer vacation...

I hope i can figure out my paycheques soon... I don't know where they're being sent to... I have one address in the school computers, one address which i specifically requested things being sent to, one address which i used for many years, and one address which is dorm...

And since it took a phone call to say i wouldn't be able to be in edmonton in person in three days notice (from surrey, back when I first got accepted to concordia), and it took 5 months before they aknowledged I lived in dorm (because commuting from surrey is a very valid option) and since my name is spelled wrong more often than right (and i could have sworn computers did most of this), I figure I'll just throw this out there...

If a paycheque from concordia with my name ends up at your doorstep, please hand deliver it to me (and do not return to sender)...

Yup yup yup...

I think my ramblings are done for now...

1 comment:

-J said...

Regarding the address thing at concordia they will never get it right they still get my address wrong and....

I forgot what I was gonna say