Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yup

So needless to say, this whole living out of dorm (or my parents house) thing is quite novel to me... And needless to say, there are quite a number of things that you just never learn when the only places you've ever lived were a dorm or a farmhouse...

First things first...

The dishes don't clean themselves... Holy dear... I think I may have thought that my parents bought new plates every week... but now I think I may no different =)

(oh, btw... if my 'rents really wanted me to do dishes, they should have bought a dish washer)

Second, I've learned that furniture doesn't come with the room... Dorm really spoiled me there... Well... thats not to say that i didnt ahve a lot of furniture back home as well... but being an ra allows me furniture for two... which was nice... But alas, no longer...

And the third and most important thing I've learned in my day of being off on my own...

If you run a load of dishes and a load of laundry at the same time, DO NOT TAKE A SHOWER! I cannot stress this enough... After fiddling with the knobs to get a constant temperature, i hoped in... only to be scalded and ice blasted at the same time (dont ask me how it's possible)... I can honestly say this has not been one of my brightest mornings... But in my defense, dorm has enough water to run 8 showers and 2 washers at the same time and still keep a nice temperature... and my 'rents house has never had a washer or a dryer...

Yes...

So today, I'm going to try to track down those cheques I should have gotten... and hopefully find a way to feed myself =)

adios

7 comments:

morgan said...

you sick of peanut butter sandwiches and mr.noodles yet?

neal said...

the old roommate left me a shrip ring too!

-J said...

I'd laugh right now with the thing about the having a shower with the dishes going and the laundry going but I'm to tired. In my mind its prett funny though

Krysta Chelle said...

Neal, I am proud of you. Breaking out on your own and all. But really. Some things you should have learned by the time you were moving out were listed in your blog. Hope your a quick learner. By the time we get back in Sept there will be some serious need for help wont there?

Anonymous said...

so last night i had a peanut butter sandwich and mr. noodles for dinner....morgan called me "neal" i didn't know whether to be flatered or offended. i chose the latter...

neal said...

Pfft... she obviously should pay more attention... she knows Im too poor to afford name brand noodles...

morgan said...

hahaha....

that's all. =D