Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Job Begins

So today was my first day at the golf course... EXCITING!

today I got to rake EVERY bunker on the property (well.. except the few holes that are out of commision...) but I was put on manual detail.. meaning I was actually in there with a rake in hand pushing sand around until someone came to drive a tractor over it...

I did get to try out the tractor though... fun!!!

After dodging golf balls for a few hours (something it appears my co-worker isn't very good at... judging by the welt left on his leg at hole 16) it was time to weedwack... Everything...

Now, it's been a while since I've weedwacked... but I forgot how absolutely wretched those things are on your arms...

So, between being hunched over bunkers with a rake, and carrying a gas powered "I hate you arms" machine... I can officially say everything is sore.

But I still enjoy my job... good times!

I hope I get to sit on a tractor all day sometime soon

5 comments:

morgan said...

was that a shot? because sitting on a machine all day SUCKS!!! ... and it's really lonely :(

brent said...

see, it's moments like these that make me a blogreader for life..."I hate you arms" machine...priceless!

Lauren said...

Neal- who would have thought you would enjoy a job where you are outside all day?! Yay for you! :)

C-Train said...

I used to work at a golf course during the summer except I was the pro-shop girl who everyone complained to. I even took the heat for maintenance people being too noisy so watch out when you're weed-whacking - golfers can be cranky.

neal said...

golfers are the best part of my job...

We're encouraged to not make too much noise when theyre around... so when you're driving tractors or weedwhacking, it's a license to sit back and be lazy for a few minutes (but no sitting though)