Thursday, July 20, 2006

Over Worked and Bombing Raids

in three days it will have been once month since my last full day off of work... I do not lie, I have worked every day (each and every one) since the 24th of June... but enough pity

The real reason I'm posting is because all this worka nd lack of sleep has made my mind work in seriously weird ways...

But, I should probibly start at the beginning...

I've always been a little weird in my process of thought. So knowing that, and knowing that history is an endless loop (due to the inevitability of it repeating itself [I'm trying not to use the cliche... but I guess I had to]), and also knowing that the war to end all wars was started by the assassination of one individual; I'm always a little on edge...

I know, I know, laugh it up...

But everytime a silly war breaks out somewhere on the other side of the planet, I think to myself "what if this is world war numero three?"

And with the history of continued violence in the middle east, I of course thought this same thing when the whole israel/lebanon thing broke out...

Today when we were working at the golf course, there were fighter jets flying by every few hours... I of course immediately thought it was unusual, but we did just start our cities exhibition today, and so I figured that's what they were here for, and I didn't put much thought in it past that...

This evening, I thought I heard something tapping on my window... I know when I'm locked out of my house, I just tap on windows till someone wakes up (usually people are sleeping... which is odd, cuz I'm never out late) so I thought someone else was returning me the favour...

I went upstairs and outside... THere was no one at my window, and certainly no one tapping at it...

But what I could hear was the loud sound of explosions...

I know it's irrational, but my first thought was "Holy Cripes! They made it to Edmonton fast"...

My second thought, of course was "yeah, it's about time for the nightly fireworks at the aforementioned civic exhibition..."

So I'm glad everyone is alright... And I hope I never have to become accustomed to real air raides...

11 comments:

mattyk said...

from my probable false information i was told once and twice again that winnipeg would be hit first before edmonton because of its virology lab here and its air force command. and i was told all the time whilst i lived in cold lake that it was the biggest airforce base in west canada.

but i cuold be wrong. i probably am. the girl at tim hortons gave me extra bacon today. we only had to make out for like a minute but whatever.

-matty k

-J said...

It's seriously getting scarey whats going on right now.

And just to point not (no intention to make life worse) but "Wars to End all wars" has been started for other reasons.

1. A Leader gets completey power hungry and tries to take over the world upon nearly succeeding the major powers decide to do something about it (Napoleonic Wars)

2. An Arch Duke was assinated, Keep in mind that at this time Europe was at each other throats and this war Probably would have happend if or if not Ferdy was killed (WWI)

3. A Jew/Slav/Handicap hating person, invades Poland, realizing that this was their mistake, the super powers of the day try to correct their mistake, only to make life worse in the long run by setting up a super power that now has the ability to destroy the world 100 times over (WWII)

4. Tribes from the North have had enough of the pushy empire to south trying to force their control their control on the north, as a result the south completly obliterate the south, resulting the destruction of modern civilization, resulting in a 1000 year dark age (barrbarians vs the Western Roman Empire)

I don't know but my monies on either number 1 or 4,

-J said...

And just to point out the over worked comment, YOU are the one doing that to yourself. For God's sake this is your year off, sure you want to make money, but don't burn yourself out, its not worth it,

morgan said...

neal burn out? ha ha ha... oh justin, you joker. clearly we all know that neal is a robot that has an endless supply of energy... right?

neal said...

truthfully, I just like the attention I get when i tell people I'm a work whore...

If it honestly becomes too much, I'll call it quits somewhere (or at least scale back my hours)

thanks for caring thought =)

mattyk said...

i'm on day 6 of my 12 day week. i'm so tired. i wonder if they sell cafein pills to keep me awake. maybe i'll take up speed.

then me and neal could make a documentary when we both die at the rightful age of 25, because we ruined our lives because we took to many drugs. i'm picturing requim for a dream where neals the girl.

or it could be like empire records where everything works out for that girl. it'll probably work out requim for a dream was about coke.

-matty k

neal said...

*coughheroincoughcough*

mattyk said...

shows how much i dont do drugs.

that girl on empire records was very attractive. but i wouldnt date her....she does speed

i guess you could say that shes "too fast for me"

snicker

-matty k

neal said...

you are quite the geek

-J said...

Did Empire records work out in the end? Not for Liv, I don't think she got any further off then she was,

morgan said...

empire works out for EVERYBODY in the end. liv ends up with AJ and everybody gets to dance on the roof! it DOESN'T get any better than THAT! also... she goes to harvard. which is super sweet.