Sunday, July 09, 2006

Who Need Sleep, Anyways...

So for those of you I haven't talked to in a while, I suppose I should give you a little bit of an update...

Currently I am living the life of an adult (an actual one, and not a fake one like I normally do) and am spending most of my time at or in transport for work... I feel all responsable...

I am still working at he golf course, and I still <3 it most of the time... As we're settling in and they're getting a better idea of our strengths and weaknesses, our weeks are slowly becomming more predictable... I have 2 days on a tractors, 2 mornings on bunkers, 1 morning cleaning garbages, and 1 morning mowing tees (with afternnons of the morning jobs spent doing misc stuff like hand mowing or weedwhacking)...

SO my schedual there is pretty decent (yay)...

Oh, and I had an employee review... My boss was entirely positive, except he said that I'm a "grumpy Gus" in the mornings... LMAO!

For those of you that know me, I think we could all find it quite humourous that it took him two months to tell me that I'm not a morning person (and then pretend like it's a newsflash)...

Yes... Moving along....

Even better news than getting a great employee review, Tuesday is going to be a night to remember (or not)... In appreciation for the huge amounts of sodding we laid on the west side of the golf course, the club is paying for us to have a night at BP's... Including food and drink... Bwahahhahahahahaha... I wonder if they considered how much alcohol we can really consume... I know it's a lot... We all do... But I suppose we do a better job when we're in good spirits (except the morning after, I'm thinking)...

Yes, but enough about the golf course...

The second "job" I took on was helping Leah with groundskeeping at the LCC ABC district office...

Now, i specifically went with leah before she left so that she could introduce me, so that when I showed up, people would know who I was and what I was doing...

Apparently it was to no avail... I walked in, introduced myself (even though i knew they should have been expecting me)... When I got blank stares, I explained why I was there... more blank stares...

"I'm just going to go grab the keys I need"...
And I excused myself... The next time I went in, I got the exact same stares... I think they might be easily confused...

Or maybe because they're used to Leah, and because Leah did a good job back in the day, even though I can do a similar (if not superior) job, they can't understand why Leah won't suffice right now... Lutherans are like that sometimes...

So yes... I watered like they're was no tomorrow, and mowed like I had something to prove... Yup...

My third job I started last week, working as a Chef at a seafood restaurant here in town...

Apparently I'm liked because I can follow instructions after only being told once... And I haven't quit yet (which appears to be an anomally in and of itself)...

I burned myself in the deepfrier yesterday... looks like seagulls off in the distance when looking at it from the right angle...

I got to put this really cool burn relief stuff on my arm... It made my arm numb... and after a while and made me feel all warm and fuzzy... I won;t be trying to burn mysefl again, but it's nice to know that syuff is waiting for me if I do...

Hmm... I need to go... hopefully I can finish one quick story...

I was cooking in the back (like chefs do) and an order of ribs came in... They're precooked (to save time) but they need to be reheated on the bbq in order to be ready for service... Apparently I managed to find the coldspot on the grill, cuz the ribs we're still cold... not just in the middle... but the outside as well...

Now, it's kind of embarassing, but I hear second hand from one of the waiters that this man was all like

"I'm going to eat these, I promise, and the rest of the food is great but I need this to be properly cooked... I know what happens sometimes when people send food back, but I assure you, i'm going to eat, it's just still cold"

or seomthing like that... I was told the story at the end of a long shift... So my memory is a little fuzzy...

but yes...

ph3ar the line chef!

Yes...

but I should go...

so long kiddies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soo, the email that ray sent out doesn't actaully say we get drinks payed for..it just says meal and a cab....

neal said...

No job I have ever worked has explicitly said they would cover drinks...

Staff party lingo: "we will pay for the cab ride home" = even if we told you not to get shitfaced we know you're going to anyways...

If it had said something like "we want you to join us for a catered evening at the clubhouse" then I would suspect thatw as because they wanted more control over the bill...

Anonymous said...

BOOK A TEE TIME ON THURSDAY!!!!