Thursday, July 27, 2006

you got to take a little dirt to keep what you love

So I bought an Mp3 player a while back in order to pass the time at work (sitting on a tractor/mower all day, as surprising as it may seem, is not particularly stimulating for the mind)... I'm sure I mentioned that, but don't care enough to check...

It really did help pass the time...

Unfortunately, it stopped working quite a while ago, but with my busy schedual I didnt have a chance to take it in to get fixed...

And then I managed to put it through the wash...

I didn't get the extended warrenty which covers stupid things I do... so I now have a $60 paperweight ='(

even worse, I dont think it could hold paper if there was any sort of a breeze...

Well, as luck would have it, no sooner had my Mp3 player stopped functioning then i stopped getting put on the tractor all day (which means I got moved to physical labour... but at least that's usually with someone, so that makes it a lot less boring... unless I was working with Morgan, which (thank god) I have been spared from thus far)

=P

Yes...

Well...

Today was my first day back on the mower for 8 hours... I needed to hop myself up on energy drinks and coffee just to make it though the day... But my mind, used to being entertained by an outside source/person, went into musical overdrive...

There were two (count them with me: one... two...) songs which i could not, for the life of me, get out of my head...

Don't get me wrong, they're stellar songs... but really... for 8 hours???

yes...

so they were

Friends in low places - Garth Brooks
If you could only see - Tonic

I desperately need to buy myself a new Mp3 player...

Oh, and my 'rents are comming to visit... sometime between august 3-7th... they don;t know when yet...

I think it was the golf...

I should start cleaning my room...

14 comments:

morgan said...

umm... okay. so first of all... YOU SUCK!!! you know that you would LOVE to work with me and that it would probably be the best time you've ever had at the golf course, but you will never get the chance... (at least not if i have anything to say about it! )
second of all... you just admitted to thinking that a COUNTRY song is 'stellar'... i think that we should keep that on record somewhere.
aaaannnnddd... third of all. YAY NEAL'S PARENTS COMING!!! i totally get to meet them. for real. you have to let me. if you don't, i'll umm... beat you up... or something equally as painful like... ooh... NOT drive you anywhere. muahahahaha... ;)

Jenn said...

wow, that is quite the enthusiastic remark about meeting neal's parents.

Darren said...

the excitement about seeing your parents must be building at an incredible rate. The excitement is spreading...

Hey, when are we going to go on a golfing date?

Astley said...

I'm with Jenn :)

and ooh ooh ooh...I'm not the only one to have washed an electronic device...hehehe...welcome to my world neal...except my phone still works :0P

neal said...

yes... 'rents

I'll stop by sometime soon (once I know my work schedual for next week)... we'll go next week before the rents get in...

I'll buy an ipod next time... geez...

mattyk said...

I think there aer two kinds of hookers, the nomadic and the industrial.

-matty k

Anonymous said...

"Friends in low places" - Garth Brooks

A great song. This song could have been one my theme songs.

I was placed across from an ex with her fiancé, at a friend's wedding. Very awkward, especially for her. I drank and talked too much. Thank God, my buddy TK, help diffused the situation.

Anonymous said...

I actually managed to put my second one through the washing machine as well.... and it still works! I was like OH! THANK YOU JESUS!!! Its amazing how a little chip of 512MB can save your sanity... or in our case, be our
sanity.

Amber

Anonymous said...

umm...so, guess who got to work with morgan today ALL DAY LONG!!!!
you did *points and laughs*
I was kinda jealous beeing that I got stuck on your machine...thats right the 328 is yours... and you can have it back I never want to see it again

Anonymous said...

darren has a blog????
note to self: tell future dormies. :P j/k

Darren said...

pleasssse don't tell the dormies. It will ruin any chance I have of ranting about them.

-J said...

That hasen't stopped anyone from ranting about anyone before just change the names or refer to them as "That guy" or "Kid with Glasses"

neal said...

the fact that darren reads my blog is a little scary in and of itself...

I hope I didn't say anything to get me in trouble...

did I mention I <3 u darren...

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to tell...I'm just being a pain in the ass. cuz...well...I'm just really good at being one.