Saturday, July 01, 2006

An Update and a Story

SO first of all, I should say, I start my second job this afternoon... I'm going to be working weekends (unless I decide, somehow, that i can do a morning job and a nighttime job at the same time...)

I'm working at a restaurant... should be fun (I know at least one of the staff members so it can't really be that bad)...

I got hired while eating dinner... It was slightly enjoyable, drinking beer, eating snapper, and having a job interview...

But yes... now for the story..

Today at the golf course I was supposed to be trained on a new mower (oOooOo)... we got as far as "and let me show you how to do it" when my boss's boss drives up and was like "we're too short staffed today, you need to do stuff, we don't have time for you to train, and Neal can be more productive at other stuff"...

So I went and helped on raking bunkers (woot baby!)

Raking was enjoyable (they jokingly remarked that i should go do services, and relieve the person currently doing them... ah ha ha guys...)

While at one bunker, my boss's boss stops his tractor, gets out and comes over to me, and apologises for not allowing me to be trained,a dn assured me that I would soon and that I didn't need to worry about it... Kinda all paternal like... It was odd... And he's kinda a redneck, so it was completely unexpected... And I couldn't figure it out... until... well...

Whilst driving between bunkers a few minutes prior to him talking to me, a bug had flown into my eye... (happens all the time if you're driving too fast in the morning)... My eye had been severly watering (even after the pain faded)

I think he may have thought I was crying... And that makes me kinda happy... Cuz I sense he didn't want to deal with a crying man... but I think he thought his job warrented the "talk"...

I should drive into more bugs... see what other kind of promies I can get them to make...

A footrub every other day would be nice... unworked overtime would also be a plus

2 comments:

morgan said...

ahaha... a "bug"... right. ya, we all know that you were actually crying neal. you don't have to lie to us.

neal said...

as much fun as having kent follow me around all morning constructively telling me everything I've ever done wrong in my entire life while rushing me to be done by 830...

I can't say I was really that upset..