Monday, June 07, 2004

Angry for No Reason

Okay, so for our first tale we have to go back... way back... To May 29, 2004.

I was working a nine hour shift (not nearly as bad as one might think) and we had reached the last, I dunno, 20 mins or so. It was cloudy out, and so it was much darker than normal (usually its not quite black out at 940 at night).

Needless to say, It was hard to spot that a small black car had pulled into full serve. I didn't. The person had come inside the store, more than likely fed up with waiting, and asked me if all the pumps were pre pay at this time. I informed that no it was not, but since he had come in, I could prepay for him inside, which is quicker than prepayng at the pump.

He said okay.

I asked him where his car was.

He pointed out to full serve.

Sure enough there was a car parked there. I informed him that he was in full serve, I apologised for not seeing him, and I also informed him that full serve is $.04 more per litre. I gave him three options 1) I could clear him at full serve, and he could pump his own gas and pay the extra $.04. 2) I or the person who was working with me could come out and do the whole full serve job (including the windows and oil) or 3) I could prepay him at a self serve pump and he could drive himself around to it and pay the lower price. He chose option number three.

So he goes out, takes the nosal out of his car, yanks on the hose with all his might (pulling the hose and nosal off of the pump) throws them across the parking lot speeds around to the stall I had prepaid him at, pumps his gas and peels off...**

Slightly excessive, i would think.

**denotes that the preceeding paragraph wass not actually seen by me, but was what my cooworker has said to of seen. I did see the hose and nosal d/c'ed as it was brought inside after the incedent.

No comments: