Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Crack Fiend

So, as I'm sure you have realized in the last 10 or so minutes it has taken you to read all my posts thus far, that I deal with a lot of stupid people. A LOT! Now, there is a level of stupidity that goes over and above ignorances, and seems to defy all common sense.

Now, being that I work at a gas station in surrey (eww surrey), I also get the joy of working with a lot of burnout/crack-fiends. Now a lot of burnouts/crack-fiends are simply people that made very poor lifestyle choices and are stuck with the concequences, often a decreased mental capacity,and/or an inability to connect action to consequence. My next idiot, although probibly not helped by his addictions, most likely suffered from the two former problems long before he touched any narcotic.

You see, he was pumping his car with his engine running. Although, this can be done without problems many times, the chances of explosion are severly increased, so much so that it is universal gas station policy to require cars be shut down to pump gas.

Now, I wouldn't have even noticed, had a customer/former employee notified me of the possible catastrophey in the making. So doing what any knowlegable GSA would do, I turned off his pump. to stop the flow of gasoline.

When he came inside, I informed him that he would need to turn off his ignition before I would be willing to allow him to complete his fill.

He proceeded to inform me of his vast knowledge of four letter words, inform me that his car would not restart if he turned it off due to a uncharged battery, inform me that his years on this planet exceeded my own, inform me as to the promiscuity of my mother and to her working in the sex trade, and inform me that he didn't give a fuck what i thought.

I informed him that despite all of the things that he had just taught me, that I would not start his pump up again until he complied. He, obviously pissed off, went back to his car and turned it off. Now I'm not sure if it was the fact that I had won, or the fact that he was obviosly an easy exploder (and, as the f.employee/customer pointed out, had a 6" blade tucked into his belt) but I allowed him to pump the rest of my gas.

and I let Geoff (the guy working with me, not the f.employee/customer) handle the till when the guy had finished pumping his gas.

No comments: