Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Explaination

Since I mentioned it before, I figure I should elaborate a little, and introduce you to another form of idiot. We shall call him the Inconsiderate Parental Unit.

So you are filling up with gas, in fact you are finished filling up with gas, when you realize "I Don't have My Bank Card or Credit Card on me." So what do you do?

Some people like to drive off... this behavior is very frowned upon... Some people beg and plead... While this behavior is also frowned upon, watching people squirm has become a passtime of mine, and as such I've developed a soft spot. Now, although I would let you get off if you made yourself look particularly patheti-sad for the cameras (so I could have a permanent reminder of one of the reasons I stil work at a gas station), Company protocol requires that I obtain something of equal or greater value to the unpaid gasoline. Licenses and other forms of identification do not work, as we have stacks of them in a drawer from people who will "be right back."

That being said, most people will leave faceplates, or cell phones, or books of cd's, or various other things. But not our I.P.U. He goes straight for his wife's most valuable asset when he cannot pay for his $35 worth of gas. He leaves his young child.

Its as simple as that. Child, in a gas station so dad can run home. That would be a great bed time story for the Child Care Workers, I would think.

But he did come back, and in good time too.

No comments: