Saturday, June 26, 2004

High School 'Friends'

It amazes me how some people, now that we are beyond our high school years, think that is ok to simply forget that they spent five years ignoring my exsistence and then show up at a gas station two years after graduation and pretend that we were 'bestest friends' and then reminace (I don't know how to spell that word... so sue me) about all the fun times we had.

And you'd be surprised how much this happens.

People that wouldn't give me the time of day.

People that I had in numerous classes with in 8-12, but probibly still didn't know me by first name.

People who went out of their way to make me feel as unimportant as possible.

These are the people asking me how I'm doing, telling me I should give them a call so that we can "go hang out." Not that I ever would, I hope that some of them realize that I see through their pitiful attempts to patronize me.

"Oh how you've changed, Neal... I can barely recognise you" (thats because you have'nt talked to me since grade 7 grad, you stupid bag)

Of course I feed them my GSA smile, which they seem to feed off, like it makes my day that they recognise me. They get to leave thinking in some special way they've touched my heart.

I get to stay, thinking 'thank-God we carry peptobismal'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean... I see a person who comes into my restaurant all the time and is a friendly as can be to me. He seems to have forgotten the time he gave me an uppercut... ouch.

neal said...

Thankfully I was spared violence through highschool. Although that is probibly the reason I'm such a wuss...

But anyways, sounds like you're in the perfect position in order to blind side him, and really do a number on 'im ;)