Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Full Service

I love doing full serve... Nothing makes me happier than charging someone 118.9 cents a litre to put premium gas into a vehicle that would more than likely survive on regular; simply for the fact that 1) the oerson is too dumb to pump the gas themselves and 2) they dont know that high octane fuel is not necessary for the health of most cars...

But thats not my complaint about full serve today...

Oh golly no... You should know my blogs better than that...

I go outside to do a full serve... I wash the windows, check oil, and put on the biggest and brightest Tiny Tim smile at the meager tip I get (as if it's going to make this years Christmas the best Christmas Ever! God Bless Us, Everyone!!!), complete the transaction, etc etc etc...

I stayed behind for a few seconds, because I noticed the full serve garbage can was approaching the overflow capacity... And its really lame trying to get those garbage bags from the waste receptical to the dumpster if they're full...

I then go inside to continue my duties as the best Petro Can GSA in Canada (plaque pending)...

A few seconds after entering through the main door, I am informed that there is another car pulling into full serve...

I say pulling in, because it makes the next part of the story that much more obscene (please note my fellow GSA saw the car pull in, I did not)...

I get outside, the windows down and the automatic gas door is open already... and as no attempt on the part of the occupants to remove their persons from the vehicle, so I assume this is a legitimate full serve... (we get a lot of illigitimate full serves... people that pull up, and are out of their cars as we walk up... I try to stand just slightly off to the side of the giant sign that says "FULL SERVE" in these situations, as it makes them feel that much more stupid for having missed it in the first place... Combined with the fact that it allows them to come to the realization themselves, that they did something stupid, and that way I dont have to discipline them... But i should really get back to my story)

I walk around to the drivers door, trying to be as polite as possible; making eye contact, smiling slightly, standing just away from the vehicle so as not to appear to threatening (as a male with piercings, I find that people geta little scared by me)...

What happens next caught me really off guard...

She starts yelling at me for taking so long and shes been waiting for ten minutes and she has to get home because her baby needs to have his diaper changed and she has to get the roast in the oven because it needs to be cooked for when her husband gets home and she thought she would take full serve because its quicker and more convenient except today because I took my sweet assed time getting outside and now her entire day is ruined and shell call my manager and tell her all of this and Im going ot be so sorry that I took so long because shes going ot make such a big deal out of this and did she mention that shes pregnant again and its really hard for her to stand up and she didnt want to have to pay the extra four cents a litre but she was sure that it would be quick but it wasnt and shell never take full serve at this petro can location again and I should reimburse her for the extra four cents because the amount of time I took was uncalled for and....

I'm sure you get the idea...

Keep in mind that:

1) I was supposed to reimburse her for gasoline I didnt put in her car

2)My co worker saw her pulling in...

3) I could have filled her tank in the time it took her to rant on and on like that...

Fini

2 comments:

Alyson Sunny said...

He he, when I first read the "shell" I thought you were talking about the other gas station. Okay so I am blond. Wow Neal, you life just sounds so exciting and *cough cough* wonderful!!! (insert Alyson comfort hug here) I feel for you babe. Really I do. Next time some one complains about putting a roast in the oven, tell them about the conveniance of a slow cooker. That way they can have the roast in over night and done by the time the husband comes home. And if they want they can stick the potatoes on top! And really what harm is another 5 minutes before changing a diaper. I know I know Im horrible! Luv ya

neal said...

It's supposed to be she'll... but I guess you figured that out already...

I'll keep the slow cooker in mind ;)