Monday, June 06, 2005

Mop

So, as I'm sure you can imagine, I have to mop the the store at some point during my shift...

Its sad but true (I think I've mentioned mopping before, but never as an active complaint)

This weekend, mopping became my least favourite chore...

Imagine this... You arrive to work to find a note in your internal log (I'm sorry but I broke the mop).. followed a few pages later by "I think the replacement mop isn't broken" followed a few pages later still by "the dinkt little mop doesnt work at all"...

Joy!

So, I'm sure your all wondering, how does one mop a store with no mop?

A ha ha ha ha ha

You use a push broom which you have to dip in water every 10 seconds...

And it doesnt really 'mop' per se...

It more or less just pushes muddy water around the store...

but with repeated dipping and pushing, the water gets less and less murky...

Result: after 2 hours of mopping a store that looks like it has brown tiled flooring... and an employee whom looks like he wants to go home...



As a side note... If you are reading this, and your blog is listed on left hand side, and you have not updated your blog recently (I'll let you decide what recent is) I suggest you do so... I need something to read as well...

4 comments:

Astley said...

I know you're talking to me neal :P. It's coming....HONEST!

Astley said...

Hey...how do you put the "other blogs" list on your blog? I've been trying to figure that out.

neal said...

You need to add it through the template... I'd tell you how I do it, but I barely understand as it is...

Yay for being computer illiterate!!!

Astley said...

I understand...I'm not even going to try :OP