Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Things I Put Up With Cuz I Am Paid to Do It

Perhaps the longest title I have ever used... Generally I like to keep them short, but I suppose I'll let this one slide...

Okay, I know your probibly think "holy gees! Another update?"

Well, I'm trying to inflate my ego as much as I can, and the more you guys check back here looking for updates the faster my pave view counter will climb...

Mwahahaha... I'm an evil genius...

Just so you guys dont get your hopes up, this is more a complaint about a lame vehicle than a lame person... And everyone knows I complain better about people than I do about inanimate objects... (although some inanimate objects are significantly more intelligent than some of the people I deal with)...

Well... on to the story...

Two ladies come through full serve...

Actually, they came to get gas and ended up in full serve... They missed the full serve sign (adding to my case towards getting a 'fucking' sign... bwahahaha)...

They didnt really care they were in full serve, as they were in a company vehicle paying with a complany card. Must be nice, eh?

Well, they both step back into the cab of the truck to continue their conversation and leave me to fill their tank...

unbknownst to me, this was going to be the most difficult thing I had ever done (much MUCH more difficult than passing calculus)...

You see, I dont think this truck was designed to fit a conventional gas nozzle...

And by that I mean, the nosal was hard as hell to get in... Thankfully I am the king of getting big things in small holes... or was that small things in big holes... I can never remember...

Regardless... I get the nozzle in there and start pumping away...

Well, if by away, you mean to $0.07... Then, yes, away I went...

Now, I would like to think I know a lot about filling gas tanks up with gasoline... And im pretty certain I know most of the tricks in the book about avoiding the auot kickoff...

But this thing was just retarded... I was angling, I was holding back I was putting the gasoline in so goddamn slow that there is no goddamn way the goddamn thing should have goddamn kincked off...

But it did... After several minutes of fighting, and making it to $2.30 in $.03-.07 incriments, I finally sought out the aid of the two ladies in the car...

Their advice... Turn the nozzle upised down and pump slowly...

I follwed half of their advice (as I wanted to get away from this vehicle of satan as fast as I could), and when it started pumping smoothly, I was so relieved...

...that i forgot that turning the nozzle upside down would render the automatic kickoff completely useless...

...which it did...

...and spilled gasoline... and a lot of it...

I felt like such a tool... Standing there in full serve with litres and litres of gasoline on the ground (well.. it was probibly significantly less than a litre, but that didnt decrease the 'tool' potential)...

Worse yet, there were two tanks to be filled and I was only half way finished (joy!)...

The second thank, I took at a much more leisurely pace... And I was turning red from embarassment... So standing out there for the few minutes that it took felt like death...

I had hoped to retire from the petroleum distribution profession victorious... But this will forever put a smear on my name... and my childrens names...

how will I ever show my face again?

Oh! mac'n'cheese is ready!

No comments: