Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Speakers Corner

It's been a while, but the guys who brought you "Merry Thursday" and "the Great Escape" are back to their normal hijinx...

Tonights public art project: Speakers Corner

So, you remember when you were little kids, and you tied string to two cans/cups/things and then pulled them really taught and talked into them... And were amazed that you could hear the voices with relative clarity?

Well, thats what theyve gone and done... To their widowframe, they have taped a cup, fed with string, connected to another cup... Which is on a stick next to the path outside the student centre...

Now this is all fine and dandy, but to take things up a notch, they have put a recorder into the cup in their room, which has been tested and is able to record speaking which is done into the cup on the ground...

I kid you not...

I'm actually quite amazed at the little set up...

I encourage you, if you have the time and ability to make it to concordia tomorrow, come and make your annonomous contribution to recorded history...

I'm now even more excited to go to B-Ville for the weekend... I mean, his parents fostered this kid... I don't think he turned out like this by themselves...

Ah ha ha!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

fine leave me all by my lonesome. jk. i have thanksgiving plans of my own. i apreciate the bond of the altos, they didnt leave me by myself for the holiday. btw, thanks for santa's unbirthday present, no one has died in our house........yet. muahahaha

Unknown said...

i wish i could come see that
you must be having so much fun


(this word verification thing, while quite effective, is starting to annoy me)

morgan said...

:D that's really funny...i can totally picture it. hopefully they save the tape so we can hear it sometime.

morgan said...

sorry...I. so "I" can hear it sometime.