Monday, November 21, 2005

Juxtaposition

Good evening faithful readers!

Just so we can get it off at the start, I am completely out of ideas for titles of my posts... unless of course they have something specific to talk about... Perhaps this post will develope a specific topic, but I don;t want to get you're hopes up...

I'm sure you're used to my mindless ramlbings anyways...

This weekend I was offered a glimpse into everythig that cafeteria food could be...

I made mention of all the great foods that have been ingested by myself, but thats only the half of it... Over the weekend the cafe actually served REALLY good food...

Yes, thats right... I just said our cafeteria served food that was more than edible... it was actually tastey!

But like the cheese used to draw a mouse, only to snap its dreams, hopes, and aspirations (and spleen) I'm thinking that they only did that to stop the constant barrage of complaints they recieve from every person forced to eat their god awful food more than once a week...

Needless to say, todays food was revolting...

Especially lunch => It was tortilla lasagna fiesta... or something like that...

Picture this... Make lasagna with pita bread instead of noodles... Serve with a smile and an arbitrary adjective... like fiesta...

Oh did I mention that you need to overcook it... but without enough cheese, meat, carboard, or generic spice to make it taste like anything (I may have killed if I could have at least gotten the taste of newsprint from the soggy pita mess that was my lunch)...

For dinner, it looked even more unappealing (yes... I do intend to imply that lunch was a little less than appealing)

I had the chicken fingers...

Oh beautiful chicken fingers, how I love thee... Saving me from the terror that is cafe food...

So who wants to live in dorm next year!!!

2 comments:

Astley said...

Apparently Eric....he seems to have semi moved in already :0P

Anonymous said...

Do tell - what was the good food? And that tortilla lasagna fiesta is, sadly, probably something I would also have tried. You'd think you'd learn after a few years, hey Neal?
Kris