Saturday, November 12, 2005

Oh Yeah

So I forgot to tell everyone a little story...

yesterday I slept in quite late, which wasnt a problem because I was going to go to the keg for RA dinner...

We were given guidlines as to what we could spend, and although i intended to stick to it, I didnt do a very good job ;)

Anyways, it was super busy (what with it being a holiday and all) and so the food took quite a bit of time in arriving... But the wine didnt...

Now, I hadn;t eaten anything in a little over 24 hours, so by the time I was finishing my third glass of wine, I was a little on the drunk side...

By the time our food came I was damn near plastered...'

And, of course, Rod nominated me for saying grace... That was embarassing... I mumbled a few things about God and thanks and having a good year... I dont really remember what, but I remember it was pathetic... REALLY pathetic...

I focused on my food... chew chew swallow (I had the blue cheese fillet... very tasty!!) sip wine... don;t say anything stupid... chew chew swallow yum! sip dont say anything stupid... chew chew chew swallow sip chew swallow yum! sip... don;t say anything stupid...

Dinner ended, the bill was paid (thanks for paying for me meal residence students! mwahahaha) and we left...

By this time I am happily full and gleefully wasted... The shotgun begins...

Mattyk calls shotgun, I inform him of the universally applied rule that if you can't
see the car you can't call shotgun for it...

He starts sprinting...

I follow suit (keep in mind that he was in a much more sober state then I)...

I focused on following him cuz, more or less, I had no idea where i was going and running when you're intoxicated is not a good idea...

All of a sudden, out of nowhere, there was a rock... not just any rock, but a rock of death, about knee high...

I tried to avoid it, but my leg was all like "screw you rock! I was here first!!!"

**BAM!**

I managed to not make too much of a fool of myself... for about 15 seconds... I made it look like I pretended to run full force into the boulder...

ah ha ha good jok, eh guys?

Perhaps they would have bought it... if only my leg hadn't decided "screw you Neal, I'm going to bleed now!!!"

There was now a pool of blood forming in my sandal...

Grossest feeling ever...

But they were not yet aware of it... I could have pretended nothing happened, and hid the blood (it was dark)... but of course not...

Upon noticing I was bleeding, rather than hide my shame, my first reaction was "COOL! I'M BLEEDING!!! =D "

They laughed at me, my boss gave me that "you stupid drunk I should fire you on the spot but I love you too much" look... And we continued back to the car..

I used my bleeding as a reason to sit in the front seat.... worked like a charm!!!

5 comments:

Alyson Sunny said...

See in your mind you thought, "hey if i make myself bleed then MattyK will not get shotgun, and i will therefore I will win!" Now what I would really like to know, was the rock as big as you said it was......Or was that your drunken state just thinking it was huge? Oh Neal... your grand.

neal said...

the rock was big enough to bang up my knee, shin, and toes at the same time

Alyson Sunny said...

Aww okay I believe you.... *HUGS* and there is more where that came from!

Jenn said...

yay for going out drinking tonight!!!
i'm hoping i do something worthy of your blog, but not too stupid

Unknown said...

i almost peed my pants i laughed so hard...but not as hard as the exploding slurpee machine...that one still makes me giggle