Friday, November 25, 2005

What Kind of City is This?

I have developed a very strong fondness for chinese food... well... asian food in general... and I don't mean that american food that you get from a "chinese restaurant" thats all deepfried and craptastic... I guess craptastic is a bad word... I can eat sweetnsour pork and breaded prawns until I pass out from pure joy... But what I have really developed a fondness for is the little nook stores in china town where you walk in and you can tell you're probibly the only one who can speak english with any sort of fluidity...

People that manage to make a living cooking food in third world and developing countries, yet manage to save up enough to jump across the pacific to come to canada, can feel free to cook me food whenever they want...

well... if they want... I don't want to be retarded and start saying things like "immagrants are only good for cooking food"... but if thats what they like doing... I will plant myself in a chair and eat until they have to roll me out of the building....

Anyways...

Tonight I had pan fried chicken with cracked pepper over rice...

I could have eaten it all night...

but our meal was ruined slightly by the fact that the restaurant we were eating at is also a bakery... and is stocked to the roof with an assortment of asian pastries, and goodies and breads of all sizes and colours...

And so when we were finished stuffing our faces... we started drooling at the thought of digging into some fresh pastries...

But the bakery part of the restaurant was "closed until morning"

CLOSED UNTIL MORNING!!!

It's just sitting there, waiting to be eaten... and the only thing thats stopping me from diggin in is a little sign on the pastry counter that says "closed"

*sigh*

so needless to say, we had gotten ourselves set on getting dessert...

So we go to the bubble tea shop next doork... which closes at 11 on thursdays!

(it was 1105)

so we went to a bubble tea shop we know on the south side... it's not open on thursdays....

We go to the gelato shop nearby... closed at 11

we go to death by chocolate... closed at 11... but there were still people in the shop (and the staff was prepping something)...

We get to the door just as they flip the sign on the door around from open to closed....

The entire city left us high and dry...

I wanted nothing more than asian dessert... I would settle for north american dessert....

I almost settled for tim hortons...

But then I got home made banana chocolate chip muffins...

My boss is so great!

Anyways... the moral of the story is, Im going to make it big by opening a 24 hour asian pastry shop and hiring a bunch of over skilled and underappreciated immigrant pastry chefs... You may think this is a pipe dream...

it will work, I swear!

3 comments:

-J said...

You know if you like just a suggestion so you might be able to learn how to make your own asian food for cheaper, you need to start complaining until they put a stove in guys dorm. (Supposialby guys are more likly to turn the stove off then girls are.

This has been another useless tipbit of information that your health teacher tells you)

Here ends the part that Justin Wrote





(this is Alyson wierd I am on here... HUGS*)

neal said...

We have been petitioning...

even just getting off the cafeteria meal plan...

but to no avail... without the 200k the dorms pump into the cafe, they would most likely go bankrupt, so the school seems very intent on keeping us where we are...

morgan said...

mmm... banana chocolote chip muffins... they're my favorite!

my mom used to make the best ones and no matter how hard i tried i could never duplicate them :(