Thursday, December 22, 2005

Cajun Cuisine

So tonight I went out for cajun food with some friends...

The name on the outside of the building was Cilantros... I was expecting fancy Itallian... or maybe Mexican... I am no food expert, so Cilantro doesnt stir the imagination... But it looked class enough, and I decided tyhe other day that I would like to eat there...

I entered the restaurant with my aforementioned friends, to find that the name on the menu is Louisiana Purchase... And that all of my hopes, dreams, and desires that were directed to a nice italian dinner would now be directed to a food type classified by a bunch of words that I can't even begin to say properly...

Needless to say, I looked through the descriptions of food until I recognised animals that I would normally enjoy eating...

Alligator? nope
Catfish? nope
Mussels? nope
chicken? chicken is safe and non-offensive... chicken it is...

And so I settled on the blackened pepper chicken with chilli sauce served with steamed vegetables...

I'm kinda sorry that i didnt get the alligator... Cuz the chicken was really good, and more or less as soon as I realised how good it wasm i wanted to try something else...

Yes yes, I have commitment issues... Sue me...

Food was so good I ended up ordering dessert...

I wish I hadn't...

I ordered the bread pudding with butter-rum sauce...

I got rasins with ass-rum sauce and a side of warm soggy bread....

I like talking about food... I wish I could be a paid food critic... but then again, I would probibly have to be accountable for the things I say.. . And then i'd probibly change my mind about the pudding when i found out that the chef is a 500lb body builder with biceps as large as my waist...

So two things...

Some people need to learn that the things that they do with their girlfriends/boyfriends need to stay private =P

I must confess, sometimes I'm guilty of the TMI moments... But really... eww eww gross eww shut-up eww gross!!!

I think some people think I'm joking when I make the gag face... I actually throw up a little each time...

Sure sure, whatever you do in a concensual loving matter is right and beatiful and blah blah blah... But honest to god, do you need to tell me?

probibly not eh?

Oh well... my venting of the day...

Oh... and I think new years is gonna be entertaining... spread the news, neals working at the petro can..

party it up people...

just make sure you bring a DD...

1 comment:

Astley said...

I wanna come :0(

BUT I don't think any DD I have would be willing to drive this far :0P