Sunday, December 25, 2005

Im Not Trying to be Ungrateful

There are a few things to be thankful this year…

Last night we had the first Christmas Dinner where there was no fighting… Sure it was only my mom, my step-dad, my brother, my gramma and I… But there was no fighting none the less…

Turns out they finally cut my coke addicted uncle lose… I don’t know how my gramma finally got the courage to do it, but she packed up her things and left him behind…

Of course that didn’t stop him from phoning everyone up to try to make them feel sorry for him…

“Aww poor baby… your life sucks? They cut you off welfare? What a terrible time for these things to happen?”

Am I really expected to make him feel better for the last 23 years of his life he wasted? I hope to god not, because I know for a fact the only reason he’s trying to get attention is so that he can siphon money to get his next hit…

I don’t care what anyone says (and I know some of you are probably thinking I’m being a little harsh) there is no justifiable reason to do heroine/cocaine… Not one!

I don’t care if you have a hard life… I don’t care if you’re predisposition to become addicted… I don’t care if it makes you forget about your problems…

If you take time out of your life in order to put those chemicals in your body the first, you will not gain sympathy from me for any problems that arise from subsequent usage…


On a lighter note, more proof that my family doesn’t know anything about me… A bunch of generic novelty gifts, and some clothing that is far to big for me… And I don’t mean “oh, don’t worry, this’ll shrink in the wash” big I mean “oh dear, where did neal find the circus tent” big…

Some of it is nice though, so I hope they’re not too offended when I ask them to downsize it…

And I did get a nice framed picture of San Francisco… So it’s not all bad…

Oh well… I am gonna go and drink… It is Christmas after all…

No comments: