Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yuppie

Ever heard of the term Yuppie? [(yp)]

Ever wondered what it meant?

Well, officially, its an acronym meaning "young urban professional" with pie added to the end... They are the echo-boomers, the offspring of the baby boomers... But more specifically they are the well dressed officeworkers who you see at sushi bars talking about the latestest artistic movies...

I had the privilage to eat at a Yuppie restaurant yesterday...

And by yuppie, I do mean pretentious, self-absorbed, and pseudo-evironmentalist

I had the free-range chicken stuffed with organic basil and pomegrnats...

I also had earle gray tea made with life water... bottled water where the profits go to fund providing clean drinking water to third world countries...

My company had the portabello mushroom served with something or other... It looked yummy... but it was mushroom...

For dessert, she had the amaretto creme caramel and I had the chocolate from the east (chocolate pie imbued with coconut and lychee)

The sizes appeares severely small... But we we're pleasantly surprised that it cost a simple $49 for the casual lunch...

The atmostphere was so fake... The food was good... but fake... I really don;t care that my chicken was free range... and I dont care that my pomegranats didn't get doused with chemicals before they were put on my plate...

But other than that, It was an enjoyable experience...

1 comment:

Astley said...

don't forget...it was free range LEMON chicken (if that makes a difference :0P).

Much enjoyable, but a little pricy for my liking.