Friday, December 16, 2005

Symester is Done

So I finished all of my exams, all of my assignments and I am now free for the winter break...

Sorta...

It kinda dawned on me at dinner time just how boring this next week is gonna be...

There is NO ONE here...

Well, theres the high school kids, and they're all fun and stuff, but they have curfews and studyhours, and school...

So that leaves me, Holly and some of my friends who live in edmonton (but who will probibly be too busy to come and play with me

='(

So I will probibly be blogging a lot, and most of it will be about how bored I am and about how you should all come visit me...

Although I am aware of several people who plan on stopping by in the next week to game it up!!!

Thats something to be excited about...

On the plus side, my room is starting to look slightly more presentable.... By presentable, I do of course mean that I can see parts of the floor and there is little to no stickiness on any of the surfaces around my room...

And the smell is gone....

I still have no idea what the heck the smell was, but god was it putrid...

I tore my room apart looking for the source, to no avail...

But regardless, its gone...

I'm getting tired of the cold weather... Some days I just don;t feel like socks, but apparently sandles arent supposed to be an option... The two minutes it takes to walk to the library can be quite painful when its windy...

Theres supposed to be fog tonight... That might be enough to convince me to wake up early tomorrow...

I love fog in the river valley... You know how some people like sunsets on the beach? and some like sunrises in the prairies?

I <3 Fog in a winter forest...

Eat it up girls, this is the closest I'll ever get to admitting I'm a hopeless romantic...

Almost as good as a starry night on the bluff overlooking downtown... That is enough to give me wet dreams at night...

I havent made the trek out to the bluff in a long while... I suppose its ssafe to say that school, videogames and hermit-ness have taken over my life (not necessarily in that order of course)...

My glasses are still mangled to hell...

I have been meaning to go and get them fixed ever since that incident where I dropped them under the desk, stepped on them, popped the lenses out, and bent the arm almost completely back...

but I managed to get them mangled into a semi-respectable looking fashion... which is good enough for me I guess...

Dan left today, I think MattyK is leaving really soon... That makes me sad... They're like little brothers... And I have a gross feeling in my stomache like they're going off to war, and I'll never see them again....

Jenn understands, really she does... Going home-home is bitter sweet... You get to return back to your life, whats comfortable and known... But you have to leave so much behind...

I mean, it's not that I don't like being in BC, and I miss Zion terribly, but I spend 8 months a year building friendships and relationships here as well...

And as much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm a different person here... I think Jenn can attest... (it's really convenient having Jenn around btw... she verifies all the stories so no one can accuse me of lying... and as we all know, some of my stories sound pretty outlandish)...

Anyways... I think I like the person I am here... Sure I'm still typical college student trying to find and define myself, but I've made progress towards a goal...

But when I'm back, I can revert back to the old me, and its so much easier...

I hope that i'm not completely two faced... and that the person I'm becommming out here is present in BC...

Ugh... this rant is getting stupider and stupider...

I think I'm going to lie down and havea nap...

gnight

6 comments:

odesa said...

oohhh tell me about the Fog, Neal.. I knew there was a romantic hiding under your quiet tough and aloof exterior. So.. maybe you and I can hang out next week ? I'd love to learn more about Fog and rainbows and kittens trapped in trees..talk nature to me! then I can finally find out about the real Neal..the hopeless romantic Neal who is all sunshine and butterflies underneith all that attractive angst (ok.. I tried to be as creepy as possible..tell me if it worked) well. back to studying.. one more exam to go

neal said...

I think I wet myself a little in fear...

odesa said...

yess! I win!

-J said...

This my sound Ironic, but this post sounds like you are one of those people currently living in a small town, and everyone you know is going away except for you, its kind of sad (emotionally sad) and its makeing me sad now too. Anyways if it makes you feel better I can pop in unannounced and play some games with you. Its not as if I don't have the time

Anonymous said...

you had me with this line:
"Eat it up girls, this is the closest I'll ever get to admitting I'm a hopeless romantic..."
and then you lost me with this one:

"Almost as good as a starry night on the bluff overlooking downtown... That is enough to give me wet dreams at night..."
but at least you said "i'm a hopeless romantic in a sentance"... i'll just choose to ignore the first half of the sentance...

morgan said...

ellen and me can come play on tuesday... if you think you can suffer through a little rowdy obnoxiousness... ;)