Saturday, December 31, 2005

Leaving a Good Impression

Sooo....

Have you ever wanted a job? Like, yeah, sure, there are lots of jobs out there, but you want one in particular... Maybe cuz its convenient... Say a gas station nearby to your home...

If you want a job, you really need to makea good impression. Even if the person hiring you is not the person who you dropped your resume off to, work might get back to them... and thr ass you made of yourself may afect your ability to get a job...

Point and case... We may not be hiring the girl who dropped off her resume tonight...

She came in at 445am (so towards the end of my shift) to drop of her resume...

It was raining out, so the resume was a little bit wet... by little bit, I mean, almos completely...

She asked if we were hiring, I said I didnt know but I could take her resume and put it in a place my boss would get it...

She proceeded to tell me that she hated the 'bitchy one with the beard' who usually works graveyards (the lady she is reffering to, assides from having a slight facial hair problem, is the best working, friendliest, and most productive employees at petro the store... Complaining about such a person is not recomended... usually it implies you are doing something wrong to make her treat you like a bitch)...

She then proceed to tell me all of the hours she would not be able to work... I stopped listening pretty much after it became a full out schedual rather than just "church on suday mornings, dance on wednesday evenings"...

Then she started talking about how much she had been drinking tongiht... Apprently quite a bit... because she then excused herself to the washrom because she was feeling nauseous...

After comming back from the washroom, she cut me off from serving another customer, to inform me that she wanted to ehar back from my boss as quickly as possible, because she had just been fired from her former Mc.Ployer... Proving that she was a lovely emplyee, who was a real team worker that was never late for a shift...

Some peoples children...

2 comments:

-J said...

Does anyone else see a problem with someone turning in a resume at 4:45am, I sure do. I think that there would be enough to suspect something, and accidently trash her resume

neal said...

so true...

so very very true...