Friday, December 23, 2005

Yay!!

Thank god for seat sales and noticing them early...

I will not have to bus back to edmonton... And for those of you who have taken the 15 hour bus ride from edmonton to vancouver, you will understand why this is a good thing...

came to the realization that i am not going to have a lot of free time in the 12 days I am home... What with work and friends and wedding of friend (speaking of which... I should probibly buy a wedding present eh?) combined with family and holidays and more work (Im working a 12 hours new years eve shift... check back here for stories for sure...

I also need to petition my church for mission trip money... i hate petitioning... Especially since I've been there so little in the last 4 years...

"Hi everybody... half of you don;t know me because I've been gone for far longer than you've been comming here... but how would you like to give me money so I can go on a trip that you know nothing about!!!"

Yes.. thats sounds great...

Not to mention that I will only be in town for 1 sunday (yes... 1 sunday) so my new speech will have to sound something like this:

"Hi everybody... half of you don;t know me because I've been gone for far longer than you've been comming here... but how would you like to give me money so I can go on a trip that you know nothing about!!! Oh, and if you could all write your cheques now that would be great cuz I hae no interest in staying here any longer than I have to, but i need the money before I go back to Edmonton"

I have no problem paying for the trip out of my own pocket... But there seems to be this idea that i have to put in an effort to fundraise... I mean i can't let the team down... or something...

Somehow the cohesiveness of the team is based solely on my ability to syphon money from my home congregation...

Don't they realize how good Zion has been to me in the past, and how long I've been gone?

Really, it's like beating a gift horse... I know some of you from zion are thinking "but we <3 you neal" but it still remains the case that i have lived in edmonton for 4 years now and don;t havea church i would consider my home congregation here yet...

Oh well...

Maybe I'll just make up names and donations... Don't be surprised if you get a tax deductable receipt in the mail... maybe I'll make those some surprise X-Mas presents... A month later "hey lookie here... I get another $20 off my taxes this year!!"

They cut off internet from my room yesterday...

That makes me sad... i <3 my internet games so much... perhaps too much...

Oh well... I'm not going to complain about it anymore cuz theres nothing to be done and I do leave in a few hours...

I think I'm going to hire poor students to clean my room every so often next symester... They like money, and I like not having to clean...

plus they do a more efficient job than me...

Here's an example of them cleaning:

"this is garbage... this is garbage... this is garbage... this is clothing... *fold fold fold*.... this is garbage... this is boardgame... *stack*..."

this is me cleaning:

"this is... aww i remember that night... so much fun!... i should email her and ask her how she's doing... i wonder if anyone has posted anything on skyscraperpage.... wait... back to cleaning... this is boardgame... I havent played this game ina month... I wonder if anyone wants to play.... *goes three rooms down* annyone wanna play??? sure.... I'll explain it to you.... (hours go by).... okay... abck to cleaning... garba... wait... aww... this isn't garbage... i used to really like this... how did it get broken... I wonder if I can fix it... *tries fixing it*.... that didnt work... i better blog about my day... *blogs*... i wonder if anyones on nexopia... nope... better leave a bunch of random messages on peoples accounts... oh someones hre? sure I'll go ou for lunch..."

coincidentally... this is also the proceedure for studying for exams...

We have two new potential dormies next symester for guys dorm... Its exciting... one from saskatchewan... And one from Syria...

I was reading through their dorm applications... they seem nice enough...

Apparently the one from syria always says the same thing when he phones (according to my boss)

"Greetings from Damascus"

The one from Sask should fit in pretty well,,, He plays badminton... I think every guy in dorm plays badminton (except me of course... eww physical exertion)...

The syrian will be the new immigrant... Immigrants are always fun... Ilike when they try to adjust to canadian culture... until they learn there isnt really culture... just be polite, and you fit in...

That seems to be one of the things people from out of Canada seem to notice... A lot of people do not have english as their first language... Sure its a little skewed living in dorm... there a re a lot of international students... But I think I'm starting to speak a little bit of engrish as well...

I heard a really funny racist against natives joke today... But it requires being able to hear it... So remind me about it... The way to remember is "passionate" that should remind me...

I thinkn I'm going to try to find someone to go out for lunch with today...

Everyone seems so busy though... So I'm not too sure how this is gonna work... If you're reading this,a dn thinking to yourself "i know an exotic restaurant that neals never been to and would like to go to lunch today" give me a call.. of course locals only please... I'm not in surrey yet...

Such is my life...

I <3 starbucks... I think I want to live next to a starbucks next year... so that i can work part time as a barista...

That would be wicked cool... very wicked cool...

And then I could have all of my starbbucks customers who i run into on street corners and they'll all be like "arent you that hawtt guy that works at starbucks" and I can be all like "oh yeah... youre tall low-fat 3 pump vanilla latte girl, arent you" then we'll laugh and date and get married...

Hmm... maybe I should go have a nap,,,

1 comment:

Alyson Sunny said...

Your cute! (I am saddened that I was not able to spend time with you this break. No wait really this year.) Sniffle I really miss my Neal. Anyway that is my new year resolution, to visit neal more... If he is not sleeping (I found I have spares for 2 hours monday wednesday and friday.. Hello Neal here I come. :)