Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Great Escape

So my record is still at 0 for classes skipped... And thats after one full week of classes!!!

I'm doing so good this year... I remain firm in my accountablility: If I skipp classes or do not hand an assignment on time => free shot to the kidneys

On the job side of things:

I'm sure your wondering what my name refers to... And I will divulge... But before you all think I'm obsessed, I'm not, but a lot of my stories involve one of the guys in dorm because he tends to be the most story worthy...

With that being said...

From the creators of Merry Thursday todays public art project was entitled (I think... if not that it is now) The Great Escape...

On a piece of dental floss was a pink sign that read
"Please do not pull.
-The forbidden fruit"

This floss was hanging outside of the window to his bedroom (which if you remember, overlooks the student centre)

On the other end of the floss was a collection of bedsheets, tied together with knots, in the fasion of a cartoon... Which would be tied to a bed post and hung from a window to escape...

The intent was, when someone pulled the string the sheets would drop...

But it was windy and the sign ripped, so we ended up dropping the sheets out manually...

Look at me, talking like it was my idea... No... no it wasn't...

Regardless, it must have had an effect, for one security guard called the RA cell phone to ask if a high school student had tried to escape from his bedroom...

Another security officer, apparently, stopped by his room because someone had seen a person fall from the window, and they were asked to check if the person was alright...

And just think, Im getting paid... I let these kids get away with murder (as long as they hide the bodies properly)...


Anyways... I switched to a no B.S. relationship with the high school kids today... When it came time to do room curfews I just started to yell like a prison guard... I may have even used the words lock down once or twice...

It seemed to be quite effective... I'll try it again some other time... maybe next week...

Otherwise things seem to be going quite well...

Until next time... Same bat time, same bat channel (ahahha I love pop culture references)

2 comments:

-J said...

Well Good Luck with everything, I should say go easy one the HS students They can't think for themselves, but I'm not to happy with them right now

Alyson Sunny said...

HA HA HA HA HA! I was meaning to ask what the bed sheets were about but did not get around to it. Oh thats funny that they actually "saw" someone come out of the window. JOYS!!!! Great times great times. But I feel sad if they dont have any other sheets cause those will be wet!