Thursday, September 01, 2005

Guilt

So i feel a little guilty...

I went shopping today for mystart of the year fondue party...

yes, yes, I know, martha sruart eat your heart out...

I was given a $100 budget... which is approximately 2x what I got last year, and we had RONS of fruit left over...

But thats not the guilt...

So as I was saying, I went to store...

I found all the merchendise I was looking for without much of a problem, but silly me, I forgot to write down the codes for the products I bought in bulk... *sigh*

So that made the purchasing process a little longer than it should have been..

My fault, I'm sorry...

All of my friends who work in shopping plexs are now plotting my demise, I know it...

Anyways, the guilt comes in when she was stuggling to find the bulk chocolate (for the fondue)...

I told her that it was milk chocolate, and she frantically started flipping through the pages looking for the appropriate code...

Not finding it, she comes back to me, saying "Is it alright if I charge it as bulk chocolate chips?"

"yeah, sure"

"I just don't want to charge you too much for the chocolate"

"how much is it?"

"$0.79 / 100 g"

"Nah, that sounds about right"

Now I'm sure you're wondering why I feel guilty, but it's because I know full well that the chocolate is 1.69 / 100 g...

So I may have ripped her off a little (I was buying chocolate for 30 or so people)...

*phew*

Feels good to get that off the chest...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Neal William Roberts!!! I'm disappointed in you! Tsk tsk...

Oh well, hope your party goes well!

Anonymous said...

i shouldn't laugh at your guilt... but i am. :P
now, just a quick question... which may be a tad too logical... but why didn't you just offer to go back and write down the codes?

naw. too easy.

aannnyways... hope the party was a blast.

*heart*

neal said...

There was a line of people behind me...

Otherwise I might have thought about going back to get the cose (it was at the back of store on the right side, and the registers were at the front of the store on the left side)

Anonymous said...

:P:P