Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Planning

Yesterday I did my first official act as VP of Choir!

Well.. the potluck last week, but that planned itself around me (not that I mind, lest it wouldnt have happened)

I planned sleeping arrangements for choir tour...

Unfortunately, I couldnt just put all of the guys in one room and all the girls and me in another...

That would be immoral... And the girls probibly wouldnt like it very much...

I think I got a good mix of people though... I tried to put any roommates together where there would be drama (just because we're not in high school doesnt mean that there wont be drama)...

Today was fun... It was my chem 211 lab... yay!!

I can't tell you how much fun it is to relearn lab techniques which I have done a million times already...

"Okay class, today we're going to weigh water... does everyone know how to use a scale?"

[ditzy voice]"Umm... Dr... um... like... um... do you expect me to get wet?"

[thump thump thump] <- My head...

Okay, I'll admit, that question is a little bit of an exaduration (and please remember that I cannot spell to save my life) but my reaction is about the same...

her question was "am I doing this right"

HER QUESTION WAS "AM I DOING THIS RIGHT"!!!!

You put it on the scale, and you read the results...

It's that simple!

AND THATS DISREGARDING THE FACT THAT IN ORDER TO BE IN THIS CLASS YOU HAVE TO HAVE GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND TAKEN 2 INTRODUCTORY CHEM CLASSES!!!

"umm... Am I doing this right?"

[Smack smack smack]

On the plus side, because the lab was so simple, I managed to get quite a bit ahead, and will have very little work to do next week...

Yay!!!

"am I doing this right?"

I can hardly believe she remembers to breath...

Or that she knows how to use a pen to write the information down...

Or a door so she can get into the school buildings...

I swear to god, if I see her, I'm going to push her down a flight of stairs...

And I wont feel guilty, her question managed to decrease my IQ with its sheer stupidity...

sleep time!

9 comments:

morgan said...

aww, that's sad...that her question made you stupid. maybe she had 'first day of labs' nerves...or maybe she has a handicap that makes her prone to stupid questions

neal said...

lol...

I suppose it's possible... But that doesnt make me think any more highly of her...

Anonymous said...

.... or she is just stupid.

morgan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i ask questions like that to purposely piss the teacher (and as many students) off as possible. maybe she's just obnoxious like me?

shucks does that choir tour sound like a party. *jealous face*

Anonymous said...

speaking of stupid questions...a girl in my physics class emailed the prof and asked how long a metre stick is

Anonymous said...

I hate people who try to be annoying.

Ok Jackie, you've been stupified enough by the whole meter stick thing.

odesa said...

hey neal - speaking of speaking arrangements.. did we end up putting Hooper's room next to Mikes like we were joking around about? b/c Mike told me Hooper went to Mike's room in the morning and gave hims his evil - vein popping out of head glare

oh and ummm i'm not sure about this internet thing.. Am I doing it right?

odesa said...

ohhh i just realized i said speaking arrangements instead of Sleeping..

please don't push me down a set of stairs