Saturday, September 03, 2005

Stupid Concordia

Ah ha ha to redundancy!

Today I got in a verbal spat with one of the office workers at my school...

My friend, jenn, had her first full day on campus, and so I took her to get her meal card and confirmation schedual and blah blah blah...

And while at the little station where this is done, I made mention that it is very important she change her school adress to Concordia, lest they send all the important forms that need to be signed to your home address (completely disregarding the fact that you have to fill out countless forms and pay exhorbant amounts of money to be in dorm, all the non-dorm staff are completely unaware that you do not commute 1500km to school)...

This concordia worker overheard me and added "once you change your address we will be sure to send it to the proper place"

to which I added

"actually, I've lived in dorm for three complete years, and I still get information from Concordia regarding student loans, class registration, and fees sent to my old home"

"well that just doesnt happen" was her response "we are careful to send it to the proper address blah blah blah" or something to that accord (she may have actually said blah blah blah... My eyes glazed over...

Needless to say, I didnt mention that for the longest time Concordia sent mail to my house with the wrong postal code (Our postal code changed from V4P 1M5 to V3S 0L5 sometime in my grade 12 year... And V4P 1M5 appeared on my mail well into my second year) depite my signing of 3 confirmation sheets (where they explicitly ask you to check all mailing information)...

Oh... and today was chocolate fondue night...

MmmmmMmmMmMmm

Gnights!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"(she may have actually said blah blah blah... My eyes glazed over..."

such a common experience! that happens everytime my mother and i argue! baha...
id ont' know why this is funny to me. stupid staying up all night at zion...

neal said...

How is the new youth guy doing?

I'll assume well, and you can tell me in MSN or Nexopia... just in case he's reading this...

-J said...

hehe, that "concordia worker" can be like that

neal said...

I assume you know who I'm talking about... I tried to be as non specific as possible, but shes always been such a bitch to me...

Anonymous said...

Anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with that office knows who you are talking about. Many years ago while getting my first child set up at Concordia I made the mistake of asking about 'orientation day'. I was told that when I was registered as a student, I would receive that information in the mail. I pray that someday that office will be a Christian witness to the people who enter there.

Anonymous said...

I graduated 3 years ago and my parents are STILL getting my Concordia mail.